Monday, 2 September 2013

Review // Catrice: Candy Shock Lip Stick Balm - Bring Me Peach

This was a complete impulse buy as I thought it was just so pretty, the packaging and the bullet itself. As far as I could see there was only two available in Catrice's Limited Edition Candy Shock range 'Sugar Shock' and 'Bring Me Peach' 
I choose 'Bring Me Peach' but I don't really understand why there called it 'peach' though as its more of a nude colour, peach to me is a pink/orange shade.. But anyway.
Lads, its just so pretty!






I'll start off with the packaging,
because that's what drew me to it in the first place. Silver nice white/grey designs on the lid, which closed firmly with a nice little 'snap', something I like with a lipstick, the lid won't be knocked of this easily, so it's handy for handbags and such. The thing i loved most about the packaging is that it's all metal, its heavy, it had that metal coolness going on and it just feels and looks so much more expensive than it is!
The bullet itself is equally impressive,  its made up of a nude (peach?) core with the tiniest specks of gold running throughout it all encased generously in a gel like balm. It's also shaped like lipstick with an angled tip, unlike a normal, standard lip balm which is usually flat. Its also smells really nice, but like most smells, I can't put my finger on it (I'm really going to have to brush up on my em.. smells?)
It glides on with ease and isn't sticky at all. The colour is very subtle with 'Bring Me Peach'. It gives a slight shimmering gold effect, 'frosted' comes to mind, which I know some people hate in a lip balm/stick, but sometimes I really like that effect. Apologise for the really bad camera work and my wonky lips, if I ever learn to take decent pictures, I'll update this post.


Top is without flash, bottom is with.

The only problem I have with this lip stick balm is the taste, its not one that'll have you licking your lips all day, as its quite strong and chemically, but if you can get other that then you'll be fine.
I only wish I had of got more of the Candy Shock collection before it went out of store. Ah well, you live and learn.
Did you purchase anything from the Candy Shock Limited Edition? If so, go on, I'd love to know what you got! Make me jealous!
Cint X

2 comments :

  1. I purchased one of these in a different colour...they're nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had've purchased the other one. Its probably a little more wearable than this one for everyday I'd imagine.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...