Saturday, 7 September 2013

Review // L'Oreal: Skin Perfection - 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution


Lads, I'm not going to lie, I really didn't jump onto the whole Micellar water bandwagon when it rolled past me.. And by god its not because I missed the wagon! Not a day went by where I opened my laptop and didn't see post after post and tweet after tweet about Micellar water.

Firstly I couldn't pronounce Micellar (I've recently you-tubed the pronunciation so I have it down to a T,  Secondly I honestly thought that 'water' couldn't possibly be worth all that hype). So when I seen the L'Oreal Micellar Solution on offer at my local chemist I decided to give it a go.
Here are its promises:

1. Dissolves make-up.
2. Unclogs pores and removes impurities.
3. Tones and soothes skin.

The biggest pain in my make-up and skincare routine has always been removing make-up, especially eye make-up, I love my black liner and lashings of mascara and had recently been using gel liner, which was proving somewhat stubborn to remove. The other thing I don't like about make-up removal is using harsh products on my face and especially around the delicate eye area where rubbing may be involved.

I really wanted to put this to the test,
so I put on a normal base, but went heavy on the eye, loads of mascara and a good strong thick line of my trusty gel eyeliner. The directions on the back of the bottle say to "Apply using a cotton wool pad onto dry skin. Hold over lashes, lids and lips for a few seconds then just sweep away. No need to rinse or rub." So cotton pads at the ready...

The results:
It works, I did need to "sweep" a few times, but it works and there was no rubbing involved. It doesn't sting and it doesn't have any harsh chemically smell. The most interesting thing I found was when I looked at the pad after every sweep, I could literally see the mascara and liner dissolve into the pad. Its nice to see one of the promises work right before your eyes. I've since used this for removing the heaviest of eye make-up and it performs brilliantly.

Since using this I've noticed that the pesky stubborn blackheads on my nose have gone, but I can't say for sure if it this as I've got into a really good skin care routine but I will say its quite soothing on the skin.


Bottom Line:
I've eaten my words, I ran after that wagon, made that jump and I don't think I'll be getting off it anytime soon.
It really is a great product, and makes removing the main bulk of my make-up quick and easy. I'll certainly be purchasing it again, In fact, I already have and it was still on offer. If its on offer next week, I'm definitely considering purchasing a few and having a little stock pile!

L'Oreal: Skin Perfection - 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution is available from all good pharmacy's. My pharmacy retails it at €7.69, however I got mine on offer at €4.60.

Have you used Micellar Water before? If so, which ones and what are your thoughts? 

4 comments :

  1. Got this a few weeks ago and have been loving it too! Does a great job at removing heavy eyeliner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, i'd be interested in trying a few different brands of Micellar Water to compare, but really don't think i'd spend money on the more expensive ones while this does the job :)

      Delete
  2. Great review, I might try this next as a cheaper alternative to the Bioderma! I always seem to have trouble removing my eye make-up too so these Micellar waters are amazing!

    Rosie x
    itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie!
      I think its great, Even as a back up for Bioderma. I bought another one today as it was still on offer!
      I'd love to see a comparison post to see if there's much or any difference!
      X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...