Sunday, 22 September 2013

Review // Make Up Academy: Blush - Candyfloss, Cupcake, Lolly & Marshmallow

More products from my recent MUA haul, today I'm going to show you the new 2013 shades that I purchased. I reviewed there older blushers here.

I bought 4 out of 6 shades as the other 2 were out of stock (Bubblegum and Bon Bon) so the shades I purchased were Candyfloss, Cupcake, Lolly and Marshmallow




Packaging on the new blushers are a little different to the old ones, Still rectangular in shape, but if you, like me, go by the writing it hinges on the left and its open horizontally (compared to hinging on the top and opening from bottom to top). The clasp is a little different too, The only way I can describe it is like a 'pin and hole' clasp, hopefully you'll know what I mean from the pictures. 

Here goes:

Candyfloss:
In the pan I'd describe Candyfloss as a shimmery dusky pink, once swatched it has quite a mauve/purple tone to it.




Cupcake:
Cupcake is a soft shimmery peach.



 Lolly:  
Lolly is a soft pastel orange with the tiniest amount of shimmer.




Marshmallow: 
Marshmallow is a matte pink and when I say pink, I mean pink! I'd go as far as saying its not too far from a neon pink. 




These blushers are so well pigmented, so tapping your brush to make sure you don't overdo it on your cheeks is a must, there also velvety soft to the touch (much more so than MUA's older line of blushers) and blend really easily. Although 3/4 of these blushers are shimmery, they don't make you look like a glitter ball, but instead provides you with a nice glow. The only drawback I have with these blushers is that there very soft and this causes fallout within the pan. 

With all that said, These are amazing value for money, with some really gorgeous shades. I'll be getting Bubblegum and Bon Bon when there back in stock and I'll definitely re-purchase the ones I've got so far!

I'd recommend these to everyone!

These blushers cost me €1.18 on the MUAstore online, but can also be purchased in Superdrug stores nationwide.

Have you tried any of the MUA blushers? If so what did you think?

Cint X

6 comments :

  1. I love my MUA blushes i have candy floss and Marshmallow in the new shades think I need the other 2.

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want the Bon Bon and Bubblegum! But i'd definitely recommend Cupcake and Lolly! I'd recommend them to anyone!

      Cint X

      Delete
  2. I like the look of Lolly, so will check it out at the weekend :O). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should ;) It's a lovely colour! X

      Delete
  3. These sound great!!

    www,makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For £1/€1.18 you really can't go wrong, and for something so pigmented!! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...