Saturday, 21 September 2013

Review // Make Up Academy: Blush - Shades 1, 2 & 4

As you can tell from my recent MUA Haul, I purchased quite a lot of blushers, the reason being was that I literally had none. So today I'm going to review 3 shades that I got, which I'm guessing are from last year as they released new 2013 shades (which Ill be reviewing later on).

(From Top-Bottom Shade 1, Shade 2, Shade 4)

General:
All 2.4grams of blusher is held in a black rectangular plastic case with a transparent lid, handy for choosing a blush on the rush! The clasps on these are quite sturdy and I do remember chipping some of my nail polish when opening them. Always a bonus in my eyes, as they're not going to open easily if you were to pop them in a handbag. All the blushers have the letters MUA embossed in them.

The shades I got were Shades 1, 2 and 4. (Although I wish these has proper names, MUA have started to name there newest blushers)

Shade 1:
I would describe shade 1 as a soft baby pink. On first glance I thought this was a matte shade, but on closer inspection I found it contained the smallest amount of shimmer. which on the face provide a lovely subtle glow. The colour is a little sheer, but can be built up quite nicely and blends easily.





Shade 2:
Shade 2 in the pan looks quite similar to shade 1 but a slight bit darker, however on swatching it has a slight mauve tone to it, which annoying can't be seen from the swatch picture.. grrr, but can be seen in certain angles in the pan (The the group picture at the top of the post). This is a little more pigmented than shade 1, but again blends very easily. It contains no shimmer.





Shade 4: 
Shade 4 is the darkest of the shades I purchased and has warm terracotta tone to it. This is also a matte shade and again very easily blended. Personally I think this is my favourite shade out of the 3, It really warms up my rather pale complexion.

 




These blushers are all soft to the touch and amazing value for less than €1.50. The wear time for is about 4-5 hours, which is fine for me, The packaging is very sleek and tidy so these can be popped into even the smallest bag making on the go top ups very easy. The only drawback is that there is a little bit of fallout from them, but a light hand with the brush and you should be able to prevent most of it. I have seen some people complaining about the packaging being a little flimsy and breaking, I've had mine for about 3 weeks now in my rather rattly makeup bag and they are still perfect, I've also dropped one on a wooden floor and the packaging and product are still in tact. I'll definitely purchase these blushers again!

These blushers can be bought from Superdrug stores or on the MUA website

Have you tried these blushers before? If so what did you think of them?
Also this is my first blush review, so I'd love feedback!
Cint X

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Me too!, I can believe how good they are for £1/€1.18!! X

      Delete
  2. I love MUA blushes i have 5 and love them all

    New followers on Blogluvin and GFC


    Carrieanne x

    BeautiesUnlocked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrieanne! Very much appreciated :)

      I have 8 in total, so watch out for more reviews! ;)

      X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...