Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Review // Nair: Ultra Hair Removal - Sensitive Cream

When it comes to hair removal, I am the laziest person ever! I hate it! I really hate it! 

I love smooth stubble free legs as much as the next person, but I hate the journey to get there. I feel like I've tried everything (bar laser hair removal). I started off with shaving as many a young girl does (I'll never forget the first time I put on trousers after I shaved my legs!!) It was grand, it did the job, but over the years my skin seemed to get more sensitive to shaving and aswel as that, I had re-growth after just one day. That and the price of blades these days, it turned into daylight robbery. I dabbled in some home waxing with the Veet Easy Wax Strips and I found nothing easy about them, I'm a whimp, it hurt so much, so no, just no. I couldn't willingly inflict that much pain on myself,  maybe if wouldn't be so bad if I got a qualified beautician to do it. I was wrong, it was just as bad! An hour later and after nearly kicking the poor girl multiple times in the head I realized that waxing just was not for me! I guess my pain threshold wasn't where I thought it was.

That's when I found this beauty! 


These sachets are my Holy Grail in hair removal (That's the first time that I ever used HG in the blog.. woooh!) They just work for me.


I've never held out much hope for hair removal creams in the past as I just didn't think they'd be able to do the job, but this certainly changed my mind. These only €1.49 for two 30ml sachets in Tesco which I find very good value and for as long as I've been using them they've always been '2 for 1'.

Directions: Ensure skin is clean and dry, then apply a thick, even layer of the cream. Do not rub in. Wash your hands immediately after applying the cream. After 5 to 6 minutes, test a small area. If the hair does not come away from the test area easily, leave for a few minutes longer. Do not exceed 15 minutes in total. Rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water, using a wet cloth if required. Pat area dry with a soft towel. Do not rub or use soap.

If you're like me, directions are more of a guideline.. and can be changed to suit your needs. I generally leave it on for the 15 minutes, not because I need to but I just like to be sure I've given it maximum time to work. I do admit that it doesn't wash off terribly easy with just water, so I use a cloth to help it along. Afterwards I use my exfoliating gloves to make sure its all off.

Afterwards my skin is left so incredibly soft and smooth! Although I don't get up to the 7 days the sachet says, I get about 4 which is much better that a measly 24 hrs with shaving and although it may not last as long as waxing, there's no pain involved what-so-ever! The cream also contains Camelia Oil which has softening and moisturizing properties aswel as Ylang Ylang which has a soothing effect on skin.
One thing I will say is that the cream doesn't smell nice, and it's best to wash hands immediately after use.

For both legs I usually use about 4-5 sachets, which is only €3 - €5. I've also used this on my underarms and bikini line and it works perfectly. So if you're sick of shaving and afraid of waxing, you should give these a go! 

Have you used this or any other form of hair removal creams? If so how did you get on?

3 comments :

  1. I haven't tried any, but this sounds like a good product!

    http://plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear by it, but if you're going to try it, be sure to do a patch test to check for reactions.. Probably should have mentioned in the post, but I'm sure it says it on the packaging.

      Thanks for the comment! :) x

      Delete
  2. Really good review! I needed some help when purchasing these creams and your review was spot on!

    Pretty Style
    Louise
    www.prettystylebylouise.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...