Thursday, 19 September 2013

Review // Neutrogena: T/Gel Shampoo for Dry Hair

Over the past few months my scalp has become ridiculously dry and itchy and unfortunately the result of that is dandruff and lots of it! My scalp goes like that every so often so a good anti-dandruff shampoo in my arsenal of products is very important. There are loads of anti-dandruff shampoos on the market, I've tried two... but one was for the purpose of stripping hair colour, so I really only tried one and that's T/Gel.


A million people recommended a million different products  (yes, I exaggerate for effect) and it was quite overwhelming. The thing that drew me to T/Gel was the fact that it was designed to be used for either dry hair or greasy hair. I liked having a choice that was suited most to my type of hair. This isn't my first time using this and I've used both formula's before and both worked amazingly well in my hair (my hair goes through stages of being normal, dry and greasy... its a fickled fecker) but this is the first time I've used it and had a blog to review it for you all!

I'll go into a little bit more detail about the condition of my scalp.. basically it was ridiculously itchy and flakey.. I would wash my hair and I would actually wake up tearing my scalp apart it was that itchy, It was getting to the stage that I'd have to be washing my hair every day and I simply flat out REFUSE to do that... At the best of times I hate washing my hair. Anyway, onto the good stuff and some icky dandruff pics!

"Neutrogena T/Gel shampoo for Dry hair starts working immediately to relieve the itching and flaking of dandruff without drying out your hair.

Neutrogena T/Gel has been specially formulated for maximum effectiveness  on your scalp, yet is gentle enough for everyday use. Its rich lathering, non-drying formula removes build up on scalp and has a new, light fragrance and added conditioners to leave your hair and scalp feeling clean and soothed" 

I'll show you all a particularly disgusting picture of my hair full of dandruff.. Apologies for the quality of the photo, and the flash.. but you can still clearly see the amount on dandruff in my hair.  I had washed my hair on a Thursday evening and this was the result before having to wash it Sunday. Friday was fine, but by Saturday my scalp was extremely itchy and I finally gave in Sunday evening.


(3 days after washing)

The shampoo itself has very a really light fragrance, a pleasant one, but not enough that it would linger in your hair after washing. It feels really nice and almost luxurious to use as it lathers up LOADS and you kind of can't help but massage it in a good bit. Its surprising easy to wash out, I always assume that loads or lather means ages washing it out, but this is grand and hair feels squeaky clean afterwards. The box doesn't mention following up with conditioner so I didn't bother. I waited 3 days after shampooing to take the picture, to get a fair comparison. Here's the results.

 (3 days after washing with T/Gel)

Flake free and no itchy scalp, not even at night, Usually on the second day after washing I'd be in trouble with itch, but I can honestly say that I haven't experienced any itchiness after using this shampoo.  I'll continue using this about once a week, and wash and condition my hair with my regular shampoo and conditioner the rest of the time. 

Bottom Line:
I'd recommend this shampoo to anyone who suffers from dreaded dandruff.. Whether you suffer from dry or greasy hair. Like I said, I've tried both formula's and both perform perfectly. It has a permanent spot in the bathroom press. It can also be bought in 2 different size bottles 125ml (which I bought) and a slightly bigger one (not sure of the ml, 150/200ml I would reckon) 

Have you tried this or any other anti-dandruff shampoo's? Have they worked for you? I'd love to here!
Cint X

2 comments :

  1. Hi, Did you see any significant change after using it for a while. Also, have you tried using it continuously for week or would you recommend only using T/gel once a week whilst using your normal shampoo? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Did you see any significant change after using it for a while. Also, have you tried using it continuously for week or would you recommend only using T/gel once a week whilst using your normal shampoo? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...