Sunday, 15 September 2013

Tag // Skincare Routine

I've seen loads of skincare tags all over blog-land, and I love reading them, So I've decided to do my own skincare post.
Up until a few months ago my skincare routine was fairly minimal.... okay fine non-existent! I'm ashamed to say that I was guilty of not taking my make-up off before going to bed and in fairness I totally ignored my skin and I wondered why my chin and nose consisted of more blackheads than bloody skin!
So over the past few months I've been really trying my best to get into a good routine with my skincare, It could probably still improve, but I think its quite good coming from nothing, so here goes:

My main skincare routine takes place last thing a night.

Wipes:

I know people say you shouldn't use wipes, I agree to a certain extent. You shouldn't ONLY use wipes in your skincare routine. but I think there fine as part of your skincare routine. I mainly use wipes to remove the heaviest brunt of my make-up, just a quick swipe to make my next step a little easier. I've been using St.Ives wipes for a good while now and they've been doing the job.

Micellar Water: 

Since I first tried Micellar water I honestly don't think I could be without it, It makes make-up removal so incredibly easy, especially with stubborn eye makeup. I've been using L'Oreal: Skin - Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution and absolutely love it.

Exfoliators:


I have two exfoliators on a the go at any one time and switch between the two depending on how my skin is feeling, I've been using L’Oreal: Perfect Clean – Foaming Gentle Scrub: Exfoliating for everyday use and Clean&Clear: Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub (this has been a godsend for my nose and chin!)

Cleanser:

After exfoliating I like to use a cleanser, my go to one is Clean&Clear Deep Action Cream Wash, it leaves my skin feeling tingly and fresh.

Toner:
This is a fairly new addition to my routine and haven't used many toners, but for now I've been using L'Oreal - Triple Active Re-Nourish Velvety Toner. 

Moisturiser:

 I suffer from dry skin so my moisturizer of choice is Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion. This is absorbed very quickly and doesn't leave skin oily or greasy.

Spot Treatment:

 I always try to have one knocking around if needed, I've been using La-Roche-Posse: Effaclar A.I for the past two weeks (review coming soon)

Finally Lips:

 I think once you start using lip balm, you can't stop, for me anyway as I've forgotten this step once or twice and my lips are in a jock the next day. I use Classic Carmex l. I put this on last thing a night and I can still feel in on my lips when I wake up!.


My morning routine is just a quick swipe of micellar water to remove any impurities, followed by moisturiser and I'm ready for my primer and makeup.

Have you used any of these products? Do you have any suggestions for my skincare routine? Whats yours?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...