Monday, 16 September 2013

Tips 'N' Tricks // Skincare


If you've read my previous post you'll know that I've only gotten into skincare in the past few months but in that time I've learned a few tips 'n' tricks that I thought I'd share with you!.

1. Use like with like:
There no point in using a toner for dry skin and a moisturiser for oily skin. Know your skin type and buy products designed to match it. Also make sure your foundation matches your skin type.

2. Always rinse your face properly after exfoliation:
I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I've found micro-beads in my hair line and eyebrows after I've finished my routine.

3. Splash of cold water:
After cleansing your face with warm water, I always splash my face with cold water afterwards to close my pores. Painful, but worth it.

3. Don't forget you're neck!:
I've been guilty of ignoring my neck in the past, but you should treat your neck like you do your face, especially if you blend your foundation down. All the skincare steps you apply to your face? Just continue down to your neck. 

4. Speaking of blending Foundation!:
Hairline! Make sure you pay attention to your hairline. If you blend well into your hairline, cleanse well into your hairline.

5. Blemish beware:
Be aware of where your blemishes are on your face. You don't want them to spread, so when using cotton pads especially (micellar water, toner) try to leave your blemishes until last so your not spreading the bacteria to the rest of your face.

6. Get your money's worth:
Ever feel like your being cheated out of the last of your product? I remember coming to the 'end' of my Aveeno moisturiser, no amount banging the tube and squeezing would get me any more product so I cut it in half and I'm not joking, there was at least 1-2 weeks worth of product left. So don't throw it out!! This leads me nicely to my next tip....

7. Air exposure NO NO!!:
If you DO cut you tube in half, don't just leave it there, in the open, with no cover.. I'm actually going to BATE THE LIVIN' DAYLIGHTS OUT OF MY SISTER if she keeps doing this! Do ya's realise the amount of dirt and bacteria that can get onto your product? Cover them.. (and for that matter, make sure to close the lids on your products in general) Or follow my next tip!

8. Wash and Re-Use:
Finished your little tub? (loose powder, body butter, etc..) Don't throw it out. Wash it and use it if you can. Remember that Aveeno tube I cut in half? I removed what was left and put into an old (washed) loose powder tub. Much handier, my moisturiser isn't exposed to air and I'm re-cycling. Happy days.
This is also good for overnight stays and weekends away you don't want to carry all your skincare products, just transfer them into something smaller and more manageable. (And if you happen to leave your bag behind you won't be at a loss of a whole tube of stuff!)

Hope you enjoy and take some of my little tips on board. Have you any tips you would like to share??
Cint X

7 comments :

  1. such a great set of tips! very helpful :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new Chanel cream blush giveaway here, if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such brilliant tips, I'll definitely be keeping them in mind in the future, thanks!!

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, love your blog too! xx

    thebudgetbuyer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...