Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Review // La Roche Posay: Effaclar A.I.

"Effaclar A.I. Targeted Breakout Corrector
Purges imperfections in depth.
Prevents residual skin marking."


I always get the nastiest spots on my chin around that time of the month, so I'm always on the lookout for a good spot treatment. I've tried a few different spot treatments but had read some reviews on La Roche Posay: Effaclar A.I and decided to give it a go.

First of all, the way in which the cap is designed is really clever, It actually confused me a little bit. The nozzle has to be twisted clockwise to lock it into place and break the seal, and then the clear cap is then twisted anti-clockwise as normal. You'll know if the tube you purchased has been opened or tampered with already.

The smell of Effaclar A.I. is not unpleasant, but for some reason gets a little sickly after the first few uses, or does for me anyway, saying that it doesn't linger on the skin after application, but I do hate putting in on a spot near my nose.

I've been using this for a month and if I'm honest, I'm really disappointed.  I put this on spots and imperfections every morning and night time after my skincare routine and I did notice a difference bur not a good one, my original spots and imperfections had not changed a bit, but the new spots around them looked might fine. It certainly wasn't something I expected. This result wasn't a once off either, It happened on different areas of the face whenever I applied it, for example I had two spots on my chin and after using this product I now have five. On my cheek I had one spot and after using this I ended up with four.

I've really tried my best to continue to use it and see if the results got better, but after a month of no change, I just don't see the point of carrying on with it. 

There is one thing I like about Effaclar A.I. and that's the texture upon application, Unlike most spot treatments this isn't a gel formula, so It doesn't form a skin over the area, It dries into a quite matte finish and can be used under makeup. 

For €12.50 a pop, there's other much better alternatives in my opinion such as Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot which it €2.50 cheaper and it works, you can see my review here, and Ill defiinitely go back to it until something better comes along.

Have you used A.I? I'd love to know how you got on with it!
Cint 
X

2 comments :

  1. Aw, I am sorry to hear this didn't suit you. I love this and always have a tube on the go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I really wanted it to work, but sadly not on my skin, I'm glad it works for you. There's no grey area with this, is either works for you or it doesn't, I can appreciate a product like that. No doubt ill find a few more on my mission for my perfect blemish treatment! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...