Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Review // Make Up Academy: Lipstick (Shade 5 & 14)


So far I only have two MUA lipsticks but I ensure you all!, I will be getting more to add to my collection, but today I'll take about the two I do have.


I'll start of with the packaging. Its quite simple, Bullet form lipstick in a black plastic casing, but it has the cutest little screw off pot of lipstick at the bottom. I haven't seen this with any other lipsticks, so its a really nice touch and its incredible for a lipstick that only cost £1/€1.18.

Shade 14 - Bare:



Since I started to love makeup, I've always been on the search for the perfect nude lipstick, So I rummaged around as many blogs as I could and the same lippy kept popping up, MUA's Lipstick in Shade 14 'Bare' and it was only £1/€1.18. Even if I it didn't become my perfect nude lippy, I wouldn't really be at a loss, So I decided to purchase it. Looking back, I wish I bought ten!

I fell in love with it as soon as I took the lid off, the colour for my skin tone, is perfect. It doesn't look like you've painted your lips with foundation or concealer as it has a nice pink undertone to it. Its incredibly creamy, glide on easy and quite moisturising.
Bare has become my best friend and it comes everywhere with me, even a 3 day stint at the Oxegen festival!!

Shade 5:



For some odd reason, When I put shade 5 in my cart I really thought it was a hot pink colour. So when I received it in the post I was a little disappointed. Its pink, but more of a frosted pink. I didn't think I'd like it, but when I used it, I found that I really liked it. (After I look back at it online, I realised that I must have been blind by thinking it was hot pink, So my fault entirely!)

Like Bare, it glides on easy but its not as creamy as Bare, I'm putting this down to the frosted nature of the lipstick. It is however a  really wearable pink and perfect for everyday wear and it does provide a nice sheen on the lips.

Bottom Line:
I'm extremely impressed with the MUA lipsticks and I'll definitely be getting the other colours in the range and although I might not re-purchase Shade 5 again, I will never be without Shade 14! I'll buy it until it can no longer be bought! Oh my goodness! The horror!

Have you got any MUA Lipsticks? If so what shades?
And what shades should I get next!?

Cint
X

10 comments :

  1. MUA's lippys are great!! I love them, and only a pound, which makes them even better! :) great post! xo

    http://missmadaboutnails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! Can't wait to get more! x

      Delete
  2. Great to discover your blog Cint! I'm doing up a post tomorrow (Friday) on Irish bloggers so make sure you check it out and leave your details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have a look now! x

      Delete
  3. Ooh love the look of the nude one!! Where do you buy them?

    Http://BeautyWithBrushes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah, I'm head over heels in love with the nude one, you can buy them from Superdrug stores, but if you're not near one like myself, you can buy them online at www.muastore.co.uk
      x

      Delete
  4. Oooh shade 5 is gorg! justrach.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it!? I think everyone should try it! x

      Delete
  5. Was debating whether or not to buy one of the mua lipsticks, think I will now :D Great review! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy!
      I think you should ;) I'd recommend them to everyone. Even just one to start off with. they're so cheap, so if you're disappointed, you won't be out of pocket (but I doubt you'll be disappointed) They're still loads of shades I want to get! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...