Monday, 21 October 2013

Review // Make Up Academy: Undressed Palette

"Wow! Try MUA Pro's fantastic 12 shade palette ranging from pretty nudes to smoldering metallics"

I had been waiting for ages for the Undressed palette to come back in stock on the MUA website, so as soon as it did, I was on it like a car bonnet! This palette is one of MUA's most popular palette and that's largely down to the fact that its a direct dupe for Urban Decay's infamous Naked palette. The name says it all really. Undressed - Naked. I don't own the Naked palette, so I can't do any comparisons.


The palette contains 12 shades, with a mixture of mattes, shimmers and full on metallics.
Shades 1, 3 & 5 are matte, shades 2, 4, 6 & 7 are metallics and shades 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 are all shimmery shades.


As you can see from the arm swatches the matte shades are quite a bit less pigmented than than the rest, but make great base/all-over shades or highlighting shades. The full on metallics are really something else! Look at the pigmentation! I really do apologise for the lighting in the arm swatch picture as it doesn't do any justice to the metallics at all (I will do better one when lighting permits, I promise). The shimmery shades are also very pigmented as you can see! This palette (like Heaven and Earth) comes with a double ended applicator which again, I've never used.




This palette is a neutral girls dream and its probably a little more attractive than Heaven and Earth because it contains a few matte shades. All colours work wonderfully together, so you can't really mess, unless of course you apply it to your lips or cheeks! Don't do that, please, just don't!
I was amazed at how soft these shades were to swatch! I found them even softer to Heaven and Earth! They also blend beautifully too, so no worries there. 

The packaging is the norm for most MUA palettes, sleek, black plastic, with a clear window to view shades and it has a good, strong clasp. I actually dropped this on a wooden floor and was terrified to pick it up incase the packaging or pans had crack/shattered, but all was fine!. The plastic packaging is bound to scratch and scuff eventually, but what packaging doesn't? So bear that in mind. The shades don't have names, which is a little pet peeve of mine, but they do have numbers and that is a step up from nothing. 
The back of the palette also contains a cute little 'Mini Master Class' so when your trying out some looks you should definitely give it a go and see how you get on!

Bottom Line
12 shades, soft to touch, easy to blend and very good pigmentation. For £4/€4.17 you really can't get any better, I mean really? I think its a wonderful addition to anyone's makeup collection, especially if you can't afford or simply won't shell out mega bucks for the Naked Palette.

I've also reviewed MUA's Heaven and Earth palette.

What do you think of this palette? Do you have it in your collection, or will you be adding it soon? Let me know lovelys!

Cint X

20 comments :

  1. Oh wow Cint , I love it! Will have to check it out I am sure we get MUA here in South Africa :)
    x H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I did a quick check and they ship worldwide from their online store, so you should have no problems getting their products! :) Xx

      Delete
  2. I really like this and you can create so many gorgeous looks with it! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I love most about this palette, with the matte shades you can create beautiful day looks, but then go all out on eyes for evening and night looks, its very versatile xx

      Delete
  3. I have this palette and I loved it, I found that I only ever used shades 2,4 & 9 though, I didn't think the rest suited me but for the price you really can't go wrong.

    Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that looks like a nice combination, must give it a go! Exactly, 3 single shadows in any other brand would cost more than the whole palette! Xx

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous looking, definitely want to try it!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should, just saying ;) and its fantastic value! Xx

      Delete
  5. What a bargain, some shades aren't amazing but its totally worth it for the ones that are.

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I think for the price, even if half the palette didn't suit/weren't amazing, I'd still happily pick it up again xx

      Delete
  6. I love MUA so much and one of my hobbies in life is to put loads of products into my cart on their website and then close the window! I have this palette and it's a beaut innit?

    www.lovelygirliebits.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's hilarious! I'd get depressed closing the window! They're so cheap for such good quality! Its a beaut alright, definitely the handiest palette to have lying around! Xx

      Delete
  7. Swatch 6 is GORGEOUS. I have been meaning to try the MUA palette, I need to get on that fast

    Maha Maven
    Maha Maven Youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shades 2, 4 and 7 have equal wow factor, but the ridiculously bad lighting didn't pick it up. 6 was a definitely stand out shade in the palette though! Xx

      Delete
  8. I love these MUA palettes! Such value for money!

    Also, I currently have a MAC lipstick giveaway over on my blog that I'd love for you to check out and enter if you're interested :)

    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing value!! :)

      Thank Sophie, I'll definitely have a look, thanks for letting me know! Xx

      Delete
  9. Love this palette. MUA are so impressive for the price
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they!, sometimes I still get a little shocked by how decent it it! Xx

      Delete
  10. Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I'll have a look at your blog now :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...