Monday, 21 October 2013

Review // Real Techniques - Core Collection


Real Techniques - Core Collection.
"Great looks start with a flawless base"






Hey guys, Now I know that everyone and their mothers, brothers, father (that's your Granddad - I think) have reviewed the Real Techniques brushes, but what's one more review to the mix? I want to share my 2c with you all. First of all, I'll talk a little bit about Real Techniques. Created by Samantha Chapman (One half of Pixiwoos) all Real Techniques brushes are made with synthetic bristles making the 100% cruelty free and suitable for use with powder,cream and liquid products, they all feature an extended aluminum ferrules/handle, making them super light and easy to use, they also have brush names printed on them and have a colour coding system which means that each brush can be easily identified.

Gold - 'Your Base/Flawless', Purple - 'Your Eyes/Enhanced, Pink - 'Your Finish/Perfected'

*  *  *

The Core Collection, retailing from €24.99, Is the first Real Techniques set I tried, as it was the one I was most lusting after. It contains four base brushes aimed to "create a perfect canvas" along with the panoramic case. In the set you will get:

Contour Brush:
"delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer soft focus"
I have to admit that I cannot contour to save my life, but.. I'm getting better (I think) and this brush certainly helps. The tapered tip makes it a lot easier to control where you're contouring and the softness and density makes for perfect blending. I also tend to use this with sheerer blushes as it picks up a nice amount of product.



Pointed Foundation Brush:
"use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage"
This is my opinion is way to small to be a foundation brush, I have tried it and it just took way too long to do my whole face. It is however, both small enough and soft enough to perfectly conceal the under eye area. Its also very good with highlighting and contouring Kimmy K style.



Detailer Brush:
"precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long lasting shape and definition"
This is the smallest brush from the set and I find it perfect for covering blemishes and for getting into those really hard to conceal areas like around the nose I've never used it with lipstick however as I'm afraid it'll stain (Can anyone clear that up for me?)



Buffing Brush:
"ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation"
I cannot express how much I have fallen in love with this brush! Originally intended to be used with powder makeup, I had read numerous reviews stating that it was perfect with liquid foundation, so even though I was a little sceptical, I decided to give it a go. Boy am I glad I did, the density of the brush is perfect for liquid foundation, buffing it onto the skin effortlessly and blending it out beautifully. I've never had a better finish as I've had using this brush.



Panoramic Case:
"dual carrier and stand keeps brushes organised on your counter or on the go"
The cleverly designed case, not only house your brushes safely, but doubles as a stand aswel. Its quite sturdy with a layer of padding on the outside to further protect your brushes, It also has extra spaces on the left side to store other brushes. I think I might be the only one who actually keeps their brushes in the case, but I find it really handy as I haven't yet found the perfect brush holder. 

*  *  * 

I've had these brushes for about three weeks and I haven't experienced any shedding what-so-ever while washing or with use. I've washed them twice so far and they are without a doubt, the easiest brushes I've ever washed and not only that, they dry so quick.

Bottom Line:
Since I started using these brushes I haven't put anything else near my face! You need the buffing brush in your life! Trust Me! They're dense, soft, extremely easy to use, easy to wash, fast to dry and best of all they're widely available. If you're in Ireland you can find them in most Boots stores or online on various sites (Boots, Feel Unique and Cloud10Beauty)

I'll be reviewing the Travel Essentials and Starter Kits soon, so keep an eye out ;)

Have you tried any Real Techniques brushes yet? If so which ones? I want to know! 
Cint X

12 comments :

  1. I bought the starter kit a few weeks ago and am completely besotted with it, it's the best brushes I have ever used :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it too and love it (review will be up soon) I've never had a good set of quality brushes so I'm blown away by these, so glad I invested! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love this kit!! I use the detailer brush for lipstick and it has not stained! I always try to wash it off as soon as I've done my makeup so it doesn't dry on the brush!! They are seriously the best brushes ever!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Must give it a go and see how its works for me! To say I'm in love with them is an understatement! By the way... The Stila palette! Omg its amazing, the pigmentation of the shades is mind blowing!! And the little book is such a nice touch! Thank you!! Xx

      Delete
  3. Real Techniques brushes are amazing, so versatile. I have two sets already and I absolutely cannot wait to buy more!

    Maha Maven
    Maha Maven Youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the reasons I love them so much, they can be put to so many different uses, which is fantastic! I have all the sets and I love them, so you won't be at all disappointed with them. I'm dying to get some of the single brushes too! Xx

      Delete
  4. Great review! I think I'm going to head to Boots this weekend and pick up the buffering brush :)

    Jenny
    xx

    somelikeitstyled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, the Buffing Brush only comes as part of this set. But if you do buy it I promise it'll be worth it! Its a brilliant collection to have! Xx

      Delete
  5. I have this set too! Don't worry, you're not the only one who keeps them in the case haha! I thought the very same about the foundation brush. It's far too small and it felt like it took a day and a half to cover my whole face! The buffing and contouring brushes are fantastic though and I love how fast they all seem to dry when you wash them compared to MAC and others!

    http://polishedandprimed.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad I'm not the only one! They're just really handy!
      I couldn't believe how well they washed and dried! Big bonus, I hate waiting for brushes to dry! xx

      Delete
  6. I've just bought this set but yet to try it!glad i read this review so i know that certain brushes are great for foundation etc! I'm now following your blog lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found the post helpful! Just followed your blog too! I have some of those SH nail wraps on my wishlist now! :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...