Thursday, 31 October 2013

Review // Real Techniques: Starter Set

Real Techniques - Starter Set
"Eye definition goes high definition with my essential starter kit"




*  *  *  

The Starter Set, retailing from €24.99, Is the third Real Techniques set I've tried and contains five brushes covering base shadow to brows aimed to "boost your look with effortlessly enhanced eyes" along with the panoramic case. In the set you will get:

Base Shadow Brush:
"applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour"
This brush is perfect for sweeping or patting colour all over the lid, Its dense, soft and picks up a nice amount of product, I find this brilliant for applying a light wash of colour up to the brow without going overboard!



Deluxe Crease Brush:
"soft, oversized design for effortless contouring"
I was really intrigued with this brush, because of how big and dense it was, I honestly thought it was going to be to big for my crease, but I was pleasantly surprised, It just picks up enough product on the tip to disperse it nicely through the crease without getting it all over the place. Of course if you have smaller eyes it may not work as well, but the genius of the RT brushes is that they're so multi-use that you could swap this with the base shadow brush and use this for base and the base brush as a crease brush.



Accent Brush:
"designed for precision detailing spotlighting, highlighting and smudging"
How many times have you tried to highlight the inner corner of your eyes and ended up getting it all over the place? Well you've met your best friend. Dense, yet soft and certainly small enough to highlight even the smallest areas!. I love using this brush to smudge eyeliner along my top lashes as its small enough for the job.



Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush:
"tapered cut is idea for dense or fine eyeliner application"
This one kind of have me bewildered, I've only tried it once with gel eyeliner and wasn't impressed. Its just too big. So I've been using this for lining my lashes with a thin layer of eyeliner and it works quite well for that,but if you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear!



Brow Brush:
"distinctive shape easily defines brows"
I'll be honest if you like your brows defined to no end, think scouse brow, then this might be a little too big, but if you're more of a natural kinda gal then you'll probably love this brush, its stiff enough to fill in brows, yet soft enough to give a natural look.



Panoramic Case:
"duel carrier and stand keeps brushes organised on you counter or on the go"
This set like the Core Collection comes with the Panoramic Case and again, I use it all the time and think its really handy. 

*  *  *

I've had the Starter Set for about 3 weeks and have washed them all twice and the base, crease and accent brush 3/4 times and as with the Core Collection and travel Essentials sets, I've had no shedding what-so-ever. They too are extremely easy to wash and dry super fast!

Bottom Line:
I was in two minds whether to get this set or not, but I'm really glad I did because I've never had the proper tools or know-how how apply eyeshadow properly and with this it makes it so much easier. The Deluxe Crease brush is definitely my favourite from the set! You can find them in most Boots stores (In Ireland) or online on various sites (Boots, Feel Unique and Cloud10Beauty)

I've also reviewed the Core Collection and the Travel Essentials if you're interested!

Have you tried the Starter Set? What did you think of it?
Cint X

6 comments :

  1. I love these brushes so much, and am already looking forward to getting some new additions to the family :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want some of the single brushes, but the sets are so handy! xx

      Delete
  2. Real Techniques definitely do some great brushes. I don't really wear eye make-up much though but, if I did, I'd definitely be purchasing this.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't before I got this, because I never had the right tools or the know how, I find myself wearing eyeshadow most days now! xx

      Delete
  3. I love my core collection kit, may have to get this one now x x

    http://yougottabegorgeousx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be lost without my Core Collection! This is a great addition though! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...