Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Review // Stila: In The Garden Palette


Oh and what a lovely Garden it is! Hey guys, I'm really excited about today's post! Why? you ask, because its a good'un! Ever since I started watching Lauren Luke's video tutorials on youtube I've always wanted to try something by Stila. She always uses them and they just looked so good! So when the lovely Alexandra at The A Style (a fabulous beauty and lifestyle blog, so check it out!) was running a competition to win a gorgeous Stila palette I was quick to enter and guess what!!? I won! I was super excited to finally own something by Stila. So thank you so much Alexandra for giving me the chance and for your little note! 

Onto the palette!

Stila - In The Garden Eye Shadow Palette




The "In The Garden" palette contains 10 beautiful eyeshadow shades, a smudge stick waterproof eye liner and a how-to look-book. 


The palette contains a mixture of mattes, shimmers and metallics, from creamy whites to smoky greens and purples. 

Shades include:
Chinois - matte creamy white
Breeze - shimmery beige
Bark - shimmery taupe
Freesia - shimmery violet blue
Rosette - metallic pink violet
Nectar - matte creamy beige
Honey - metallic bronze gold
Sage - shimmery translucent green
Moss - dark olive green with shimmer
Juniper - deep shimmery forest green
(From StilaCosmetics.com)

Smudge Stick Waterproof eyeliner in Starfish.



The pigmentation of these eyeshadows are incredible! Not only that, but they're very easy to work with, soft and very easily blended. What I love most about this palette is that its perfect for day looks, but it has gorgeous colors for some beautiful nighttime looks. My favourite being Rosette. There's a fab tutorial in the look-book (its the pictures look on the right above) using that shade as the primary colour and I cannot wait to try it out. Speaking of the look-book, Its such a great idea, especially if your new to eyeshadows or just need some help with pairing certain colours. I've tried a few from it and they came out brilliantly. I'll also add that these didn't crease on my eyes.

The smudge stick waterproof eyeliner is fricken amazing! Starfish, described as black with gold and green pearl is a really nice alternative to your normal black eyeliner. I've been trying to steer away from black eyeliner for the past while and Starfish is perfect. The formula is really nice to work with and it lives up to its name. It didn't smudge or budge the whole day. I definitely want to get more of these eyeliners in the future.

I'm really pleased to say that my hopes and expectations about Stila products have definitely been met and surpassed. There are three other palettes like this in the Stila range "In the Moment", "In the Light" and "In the Know" and they all look amazing, especially "In the Moment". 

I've already told Alexandra that she's created a monster, I want more Stila and I've already been scouring the website for future purchases. 

**UPDATE**
Guys I completely forgot to mention about the packaging until the lovely Charlotte commented on it. My bad, and thanks Charlotte!
The packaging is really nice and quirky. Its made of cardboard which of course of fully recyclable. Win! I think its gives the palette a real earthy feel and ties in perfectly with the "Garden" theme. 

Have you guys tried any Stila products? Any recommendations for me?
Cint X  

6 comments :

  1. Lovely shades and a nice nifty little packaging to just carry with you in the handbag :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte! I forgot to mention the packaging! I may update it. I love the packaging, Its all recyclable too which is great. xx

      Delete
  2. So glad you've been enjoying the palette!! :)
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want loads more Stila now! haha Can't thank you enough! xx

      Delete
  3. Loving look #4! What fun :) I'm also happy to read that the packaging is enviro-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love look 4! Tried it the other day :) Can't wait to wait it on a night out, perfect for this season too xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...