Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Review // Real Techniques: Limited Edition Duo Fiber Collection



Hey guys, So every now and then we enter competitions and hope against hope to be in with a chance of winning, Well, the beautiful Fiona over at Dolly Dowsie ( A gorgeous Irish blog that focus's on parenthood, beauty, makeup and lifestyle, basically an all round fabulous blog ) was holding a facebook competition for a chance to win a Real Techniques - Limited Edition Duo Fiber Collection, I of course entered never thinking I'd actually win, but never say never. I won! I was beyond excited about winning this brush set! So I just want to say a massive thank you to Fiona for giving me the chance to win them and for being so generous! Guys I insist you check out her blog! Its ridiculously pretty and she has great posts, especially about her little son Tyler Lee, who's absolutely adorable!

I also have to mention the package, Fiona used the cutest little floral return address stickers and sent me a beautiful floral card with a little note on it. Fiona if you're reading, Your writing is amazing, I actually tilted the card to see if it was read writing or printed! 

Onto the brushes, I just had to share my thoughts on them!

Real Techniques - Limited Edition Duo Fiber Collection






 *  *  *

The Real Techniques - Duo Fiber Collection are the newest brushes within the RT range aimed to "create buildable colour and add texture to look pixel perfect for any occasion and in any light" The set contains three brushes, but if you're a fan of Real Techniques you'll notice a very obvious difference. They're white! What category do they fit into? Don't worry lads, Sam wouldn't just through you in the deep end like that. The brushes are white but the writing on them are colour coded the way your normal RT brushes are. Gold for Base, Purple for Eyes and Pink for Finish. In the set you'll find one of each and they are:

Duo-Fiber Face Brush:
"for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments"
I find this brush great as I have normal to dry, sometimes combination skin, Because of this I don't want to go heavy on powder, but still want to set my foundation with a light dusting. This brush makes it perfect for that and the nice thing is it can be built up in areas I need more coverage (usually my forehead on my combination days) I've noticed a HUGE difference to my face after using this brush, it just looks far more polished and finished than when I've powdered with a normal face brush. 



Duo-Fiber Contour Brush:
"for controlled contouring and sculpting"
If you're like me, and can't contour to save your life then you might think you'll have no use for this brush, you'd be wrong. Its fantastic as a blush brush, especially if its a highly pigmented blush. It picks up just the right amount and because of the duo fibers its very easy to blend! I have tried contouring with it and although it makes it easier, I'm just not comfortable with the whole contouring deal. (I think my face is too short)


Duo-Fiber Eye Brush:
"add finishing touches to the eyes"
I wasn't quite sure how to use this brush, but after a few trial and errors, I found that it has two uses. The first being; as a blending brush, its perfect for blending out harsh lines and almost melting your eyeshadows together. The other use I have for it is as a crease brush! I'm always afraid of going too overboard when it come to eyeshadow in the crease, but this brush allows me to pick up a small amount on colour and build it up gradually blending it at the same time.


This set doesn't come with a panoramic case, but luckily I have the Core Collection, Travel Essentials and Starter Kits sets, so I have plenty of room in those cases to store them in. They also look beautiful against the normal Real Techniques colours. 

*  *  *  

I received this set from Fiona about a month ago and they have been washed quite a few times. They're very easy to wash and as I found with all my Real Techniques brushes, very quick to dry. I've has no shedding at all while washing or using them either.

Bottom Line:
I love them! They really have made a difference to how my finished face looks. Like I said it seems more polished. They're such a beautiful addition to my growing Real Techniques family and I'd recommend them to anyone and everyone ( and already have! ) and again, I just want to say a massive Thank You to Fiona for giving me the chance to win these! 

Have you guys ever won anything you've fallen in love with? Let me know! Also, any thoughts on the Duo Fiber set? Will you be adding it to your collection?!

Cint X

14 comments :

  1. I love this brush set x

    http://yougottabegorgeousx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'd be lost without it now! xx

      Delete
  2. I have these and feel exactly the same - they're absolutely brilliant brushes, aren't they? Great review Cint!!! xxx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! Thanks Gemma!! Much appreciated :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ooooh these look so so so gorgeous!

    Also, I currently have a MAC lipstick giveaway over on my blog that I'd love for you to check out and enter if you're interested :)

    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Sophie! Thanks for letting me know, I'll take a look! xx

      Delete
  4. I love the RT brushes but I have heard mixed reviews of this set x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 95% of the reviews I've read have been positive about them. That's the thing with makeup and tools, I might love them, but someone else would hate them. I'd have no problem buying this set myself if anything happened to them (god forbid) x

      Delete
  5. Awh Cint thank you so much for your kind words about my little blog and I! You're so lovely. I'm so glad you're enjoying these brushes, great review! I hope you're lucky again in other competitions you enter :)

    Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need for thanks Fiona. A million thanks to you. They're well used and loved already! xx

      Delete
  6. Those look so good. I have a very similar face shape than you and I also don't contour. When there is too much roundness to the cheek it looks so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the problem. Too much roundness, so I'm not entirely sure WHERE to contour! The tapered end of the contour brush definitely helps, especially with buffing it in xx

      Delete
  7. these brushes looks so good quality ! great review girl !!! would you like to follow each other doll :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment hun, I'll have a peek at you blog now :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...