Saturday, 27 December 2014

Drugstore Gems

There are some things in life that just deserve more credit than it gets. Whether it’s a Tayto sammich when your hank marvin, perfect winged eyeliner after an hour of careful planning and execution, or a simple micellar gel that rivals They're Real remover. Here are a few products from the drugstore that I am loving!



L'Oreal Micellar Gel Eye Makeup Remover:
This does indeed, in my humble opinion rival the Benefit They're Real Remover. It has a nice gel consistency that doesn’t sting my eyes at all and trust me I've often got globs of it in there by accident! It's also lasts for the most ridiculous amount of time ever. I got mine at the beginning of this year and I'm just got by half way. For a fraction of the price of They're Real Remover I don't think you'll be disappointed.

NYX Lip Liners:
These are something I will never live without. When NYX came to town I knew I had to get hands near a stand. As most drugstore brands have very limited shades of lip liner, 4-5 if you're lucky I was amazed as NYX had an unbelievable amount to offer. I grabbed four Dolly Pink, Hot Red, Nude Beige and Pale Pink. Nude Beige and Pale Pink are my go to liners. I can't get to a NYX stand soon enough to grab the rest! Especially a plum one!

Beauty UK High Brow:
I love brows and I love Sleeks Brow Kit, but one that rarely ever gets a look in is this. I picked it up for less than €3 in Superdrug one day really not expecting much, but I was really surprised. Its not only a great brow kit, but doubles up as a great little eye shadow palette.

Seventeen Phwoarr Paint:
On days where my schnoz is painfully misbehaving this creamy pigmented concealer is literally the only product that will cover it up. In fact it's my go to for anything proving particularly difficult to cover up. This paired with a damp RT Miracle Complexion Sponge are my match made in heaven.

Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer:
It really wouldn't be a 'drugstore gems' post if this cult concealer wasn't mentioned. It really is up there with the best. It has a nice creamy consistency that won't crease when set and has great opacity to it. The only downfall is the limited shade range, 4 I think. But if you can find the right shade, get it. You'll find it difficult to get a better one at the same price, or a better drugstore offering in general!

Essence (Brand):
I think Essence as a brand are often overlooked but it has some amazing gems! The Love Extreme Volume mascara is one such gem. I have a full review on it here so I won't go into too much detail, but I love it. Another is the XXXL Longlasting 'Matt Effect' Lipgloss, definitely more a lip cream than gloss these are beautiful and though they're matte they never fully dry so are very moisturising and comfortable. My only gripe id that they only come in three shades. Finally the Stay Matte Powder is one of Siobhan's from LetzMakeup favourite setting powder and I can personally vouch that its great. Definitely one to pick up.

MUA (Brand):
MUA is also a brand overlooked sometimes. The Undress You Skin Iridescent Gold Highlighter is mind blowing and the Matte Perfecting Primer is amazing for the price. Another notable mention is their £1 lipstick line and in particular shade 14 Bare is one of my perfect nude lipsticks.


These are just some of the products I think are gems of the drugstore. I could go on and on, and perhaps I will in another post, but for now I'll leave it at that. What are your drugstore gems? Leave me some comments.

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...