Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Review // L'Oreal: Nude Magique Eau De Teint

I hymned and hawed over whether to purchase the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation for quite some time after it was released. I'm a medium - full coverage kinda girl, so the 'weightless bare perfection' claim put me off a little. However Orla's review from Makeup Over Mind helped and the beauty blogger curiosity bug bit me and I caved and it's a real bug I swear!


Nude Magique Eau De Teint claims to give:

  • Naturally even, shine free look.
  • Undetectable coverage.
  • Silky soft touch.
  • No make-up feel.
It also claims to be non pore-clogging and contains an SPF of 18.

The consistency of the foundation is extremely runny, so I wasn't quite sure how to apply it. I never apply anything with my fingers and was getting poor results with a dense brush like the RT 'Buffing Brush' so after much trial and error I finally settled on applying it with the Real Techniques 'Multi Task Brush'. They're a match made in heaven! The brush is the perfect size and density to effectively buff the product all over my face without looking patchy or uneven. I didn't powder or set the foundation because of the liquid to powdery finish, but on looking back I should have because although it wore quite well for such a light texture, my T-zone did become oily and it had faded slightly around my nose, but this happens with a majority of foundations when I don't set it. 

The only gripe I have with this (and unfortunately its quite a big one) is the shade range. I picked up the shade 100 porcelain which is the lightest shade and it's still too dark for me. I'll also add that this shade is very yellow toned on me. Saying that when I have a subtle tan on this foundation will match perfectly. 

Providing you can find your perfect shade match the foundation certainly lived up to its claims, although the 'naturally even' part entirely depends on how its applied in my opinion. Everything else was fairly spot on. I will add though that I don't believe that any foundation can claim to be 'non pore-clogging'.

Price wise it's not overly bad. The marked price on mine is €8.71, but bear in mind you get 20ml of product instead of 30ml. The formula is so runny and lightweight that it'd probably last you the same as a standard size anyway.

If you like a light coverage foundation, that feels and look undetectable, again providing you can get your correct shade, then I think you'd be hard pushed not to like this foundation.

Have you tried it yet? If so, let me know how you felt.

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...