Sunday, 28 December 2014

Review // Make Up Academy: Undress Your Skin - Iridescent Gold Highlighter

I mentioned this product very briefly in my recent 'Drugstore Gems' post, but it deserves a post of its own because its so beautiful! No really..

Can we just have a look at how beautiful this is?

Could you die?
I can't even…
It gives me life!

"Lightweight powder that transforms your complexion with luminescent shimmer"



 (Without Flash)



 (With Flash)


I read some rave reviews about MUA's highlighter in Iridescent Gold, so while in superdrug a while back I grabbed it along with its original cool toned counterpart and a few other bits and it has rarely left my face since.


Like I said I picked up the two but was instantly drawn to this one. The packaging is, well, its packaging isn't it?  It holds the product, closes and keep it dry and clean. Yes it will more than likely scratch, the writing will probably scrap off and there's a possibility of the lid cracking if thrown in a makeup bag, but it's really what's inside that counts and inside is a beautiful elegantly embossed gold highlighter. It really looks so much more expensive than it is.

You might be quite surprised at how rough and hard it was to swatch, I know I was, but it couldn’t translate more differently on the skin. Its smooth, soft, super pigmented and blends like a dream! Blended out it has a beautiful subtlety, but can be build up for those of you who want a more dramatic highlight. My preferred brush for application is the Real Techniques 'Setting Brush' as its the perfect size to hit all the normal highlighting points on the face and the Real Techniques 'Detailer Brush' if I want to place some on the inner tear ducts f the eye.

I will add that this is warmed toned so those with a pinker skin tone might want to give this particular offering a miss, however like I said at the beginning, MUA do have a cool tones counterpart for this. I'll be reviewing it soon, so keep an eye out.

I've said enough, I urge you to purchase it if/when you can. It sells out on the MUA website quite often, So grab it while you can! You won't regret it.

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...