Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Review // Bourjois: Healthy Mix Foundation.

If you've read my first ever wishlist, you'll remember that I really wanted the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation.



My local town rather annoying doesn't stock Bourjois, so I had to go out of my way to pick this up.  The Healthy Mix foundation has been loved by many beauty bloggers, so when the time came to buy a new foundation and the fact that that the one I was using had become to dark for me and the lighter shade was too pink, (I was using Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid in Ivory) I decided that it was a good choice and went for shade 51 Light Vanilla.

Healthy Mix promises 'up to 16 hours, perfectly glowing complexion and toned skin'. Containing Fruit Extracts to boost radiance including Apricot for radiance, Melon for Hydration, Apple for anti-oxidants and Ginger for energy. I sounded like a dream and it smelled like it too. 

I applied this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and found it an excellent combination. It applied and blended beautifully. The colour I choose was a perfect match for my pale A/W complexion and I found the coverage, medium but build-able, just what I wanted. I can't say whether it lasted 16hrs as I never wear makeup for that long. I never expect makeup to live up to their wear claims anyway. It definitely does provide a glowing complexion. A little too glowing for my liking, but that was easily rectified by setting it with some powder which I'd normally do anyway, so it wasn't a problem.

I really loved it, how it applied and blended, how the finish was and the colour match and thought I had found my perfect foundation, but then I woke up the next day. I had broke out (sad face) I tried to give the foundation the benefit of the doubt as I had never broke out from any other foundation before so I went on a no makeup period to let my skin clear and tried it again.

No such look, my perfect foundation no matter how much I loved it, just didn't love me back. It was such a shame. I've since given it to my cousin who absolutely loves it, so all was not lost (and also the reason why I don't have my own picture of it as I gave it to her before taking one, oooops). I think my skin behaved the way it did because of the ginger in the foundation, I know my sister has an intolerance to it and its the only thing I can think of.

This is the first Bourjois foundation I've ever used and although Healthy Mix didn't work out it certainly wouldn't put me of trying another, especially because I did generally love it. I will however have to have a good look at the ingredients beforehand though! 

Have you tried Healthy Mix? Did you love it, hate it or react to it? I'd love to know!


x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...