Thursday, 22 January 2015

Review // Real Techniques: Sam's Pick

The 'Sam's Pick' limited edition brush set is a set of brushes selected by Sam as her favourites or must haves.This was actually released for Christmas 2013 (I'm a tad behind with the times) but I think its still available in certain places, so you might still be able to get it, but you might have to shop around!




The set contains six brushes, two from the Base (gold) range, two from the Finish (pink) range and two from the Eye (purple) range. Five of the brushes are from the already existing line and one is a set exclusive, I'll focus mainly on the ones I haven't reviewed before and briefly talk about the others, as I've reviewed most of the existing brushes before. I'll link any existing reviews if your interested.

Multi-Task Brush (Finish)


"For effortless application of powder, blush and bronzer"
Part of the 'Travel Essentials' kit. The name says it all, Soft, fluffy and perfect for powder application without going overboard.

Setting Brush (Finish)


"Complete any look with a controlled dusting of powder or highlighter"
From the individual line of brushes. This is my favourite of the bunch and one of the main reasons I wanted the set. This is a small, fluffy tapered brush, that has so many uses! I mainly use it for setting my under eye concealer and applying powder highlighter as its the perfect size and shape.I also use this to apply powder to my eyelid either as a base for my eyeshadow or as a wash of colour on the lid. I definitely need to pick up a few more of these brushes!

Buffing Brush (Base)


"Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation"
Part of the 'Core Collection'. One of my all time favourite brushes for buffing and blending liquid and cream foundations.

Pointed Foundation Brush (Base)


"Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage"
Part of the 'Core Colection'. Far too small for foundation application but perfect for concealer, highlighter and cream contouring.

Essential Crease Brush (Set Exclusive) (Eyes)


"Soft, Tapered design for effortless contouring"
This is the only brush in this set that isn't available elsewhere and the only one similar to it from Real Techniques is the Duo-Fiber crease brush (which is Limited Edition but fortunately still available). This is a tapered crease brush, perfect for buffing out the crease colors, but small enough and just about dense enough to really concentrate shadow in the crease and buffing out the edges at the same time. I also use this to contour my nose as again its the perfect size and density to apply the contour shade and buff it out aswel.

Finer Liner Brush (Eyes)



"Ultimate tool for precision application of liquid or cream eyeliner"
This is from the single line of brushes and is far smaller than the Pixel Point Liner brush from the Starter Set. The bristles are firm, but flexible offering great control making it excellent at applying  nice, neat gel liner. This is also great for tight lining the upper lash line and for lining the bottom water line.

* * *

In terms of washing these brushes, they're a breeze. The buffing brush when left too long however might need to be soaked for a few hours and because its so dense it can be a pain to rinse the suds clear, but other than that they wash up perfectly. I've washed my countless times and they've always gone back into there original shape and dry quite quickly. I've also experienced no shedding whatsoever with this set and any other Real Techniques brushes for that matter.

This set is definitely worth picking up whether your beginning your brush collection or expanding. So if you spot it, grab it. 

Do you have this set? Which is your favourite?

x
X Cint X
x

4 comments :

  1. Love RT brushes :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with the Real Techniques brushes!

    Bobby x

    http://pressedpowderblogs.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...