Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Review // Smashbox: Photo Finish Foundation Primer

The Smashbox Photo Finish Primer was the first ever Smashbox product I had ever tried from the brand and its created an unhealthy obsession since then. I picked up the 12ml sample size in Boots for €12 or €15 (I'm stupidly bad with remembering prices!) and since then I've acquired the full size (free with any full size Smashbox purchase) and 2 smaller 7ml samples (from 'Try It Kits') which I'll never get through because a little bit goes a long way!





The Photo Finish Foundation Primer is a clear silicone based primer that contains a blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea. It claims to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores and increase the longevity of foundation. It's also oil free, so perfect for those with oily or combination skin types. This primer has pretty much reached cult status among makeup artists and makeup junkies alike and its probably one of Smashbox's most popular products.

Being a silicone based primer, this goes a long way to help blur and almost fill any larger pores I have which in turn creates a far smoother base for my foundation. It feels velvety and soft on application and also has a slightly mattifying effect on the skin. Foundation blends onto the skin with ease while using this and it really helps create a flawless base.

As far as longevity goes, when applied right it certainly helps prolong wear time. What I mean by that is you CAN over-do it with this primer and you'll know about it when you do. Applying too much will make your face look and feel greasy and it will make your makeup slip and slide on application. So a little bit goes a long way!

I usually apply this in a patting motion on the t-zone area and smoothing what ever is left on the rest of my face. I also love using this on textured areas or dry patches to create an even surface for my foundation.

The full size primer (30ml) is around the €30/€32 mark which is on the pricey side but like I said a little goes a long way and it'll last forever. I've had my sample sized one (12ml) for months and I've barely made a dent in it. This is one of my all time favourite primers and if your in the market for a good silicone based primer I'd definitely recommend it. It also comes in a number of different formula's (Colour Correcting, Pore Minimising, Anti-Blemish... and so on) so there's one for nearly every need.

Have you tried this or any other Smashbox Primers? Let me know your thoughts. I'll also be reviewing the Colour Correcting one in the future so keep an eye out.


x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...