Thursday, 8 January 2015

They Made Me Buy It // Smashbox MUA

I've only ever had my makeup done once by an actual Makeup Artist and it was a joy. What started out as a popping into boots in Belfast for a quick look before getting some grub and going to The Killers concert turned into a full Smashbox Cosmetics make over, no food whatsoever and missing Bastille because we were so late. Although there was one or two things I'd change (my brows being one) I was really impressed by not only the products used but by the MUA herself and the knowledge she had of the products not only on the Smashbox counter but on many other brands too. I really respect an MUA who can tell you what's amazing about the brand they work for and what's a little bit better elsewhere. So all that paired with the love I already had for Smashbox made a dent in my pocket and I don’t regret it at all!


The Smashbox MUA made me buy it!


Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder (Fair):
I always set my makeup no matter what formula I use or what base I use so when the Halo powder was used on me I knew it had to be mine. Eventually it was and I purchased the Halo + BB Try It Kit. It comes with a mini (but rather generous) Halo Hydrating Perfecting Power compact, a Baby Buki Brush, a Camera Ready BB Cream sample and a bonus Photo Finish Primer sample.

Smashbox 24Hr Photo Finish Shadow Primer:
I was so impressed by this that I had to purchase it for myself. This blew me away and continues to do so any time I use it. For longevity this primer cannot be bet.

Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio (AutoChrome):
When I saw my eyes in the mirror after this was used I instantly fell in love. My green eyes stood out a mile! The MUA used this paired with the Full Exposure palette (which I already have). So I purchased this so I could recreate the look anytime I wanted.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (Colour Correcting):
After removing my own makeup for the purpose of the make over my skin became very red, blotchy  and irritated. The MUA used this primer under my base and I was impressed by how it calmed the redness in my skin. I love the original Photo Finish and had toyed with the idea of getting this one previous to the makeup over… so I was sold.

So there's the damage that a good MUA can do. I will note that out of all the high end counters I've been to make over or not, Smashbox, have definitely been the best. From the MUA in Belfast to the one in Liffey Valley who gave me way more samples than she was probably allowed, they're the most easy going and friendly. 
Oh and did you know that the way the Smashbox MUA's are styled (black leggings, tee and converse) Is not only because they're originally a rock 'n roll style brand but to make people more comfortable around them. 

As always I'll be reviewing everything I bought as I go, but if there's anything in particular you'd like to know more about just let me know. Oh and don't forget to tell me...

What did the MUA make you buy?

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...