Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Review // L'Oreal: Skin Perfection - Advanced Correcting Serum

I'll be the first to admit it, but for some reason I had always overlooked L'Oreal in the past and I have really no idea why, but 2014 was the year that L'Oreal really stood out to me and very quickly became one of my favourite brands for both makeup and skincare. I think they have a more mature style in terms of packaging and advertising and it really appealed to me.


At the end of last year I really wanted to start focusing on skincare. I had seen Shannon Harris (Shaaanxo) talking about the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum and I really liked the sound of it, I was already a fan of the 'Skin Perfection' range using the Micellar Water [review] and Micellar Gel daily, so when I saw the serum at half price in my local chemist I snapped it up. I had never tried a serum before either, so I wasn't sure what to expect, if anything at all.

The serum sounded brilliant and promises to refine skin texture, tighten pores and even and brighten skin tone. Its enriched with LR 2412 which "optimises the structure of the epidermis to improve the quality of skins appearance" and Perline-P "an association of 3 perfecting actives which act on pores, skin tone and skin texture".  The 'visible results' it promises sound pretty good too, but I'll go into more detail later on.

The serum comes in a rather beautiful 30ml, pink to white ombré effect, glass bottle with a pink pump. It does have a scent but its not overpowering, but worth considering if your sensitive to scents. The serum itself is a thick white liquid with a slightly pearlescent quality, it applies clear on the skin but does give the skin a little 'boost'.

I've been using this for well over a month (almost two!) at first just at night, but then night and day. It soaks in to the skin nicely and doesn't leave any residue behind. The difference it made during the day in terms of makeup application was amazing, my foundation glided on so much easier and my makeup just looked so much better. In regards the 'Visible Results' it promises I can also honestly say that its delivered on all of them.

"Touch: In 1 minute, skin feels softer, smoothed to a silky touch" 
Well, in fairness, this is a given, most things when just applied to the skin with usually make skin feel softer but this does leave my skin feeling velvety soft and plump.

"See: In 1 week, pores appear visibly tightened" 
This was the one I was most interested in, excited about and most skeptical about. I have combination skin so the pores in my t-zone are slightly larger than I'd like. Since using this, I have definitely noticed a difference in pore size, They are no-where near as noticeable on my cheeks and on and around my nose. It makes a huge difference to how my foundation looks in those areas!

"Believe: In 1 month, skin looks transformed. Skin looks more even with a healthy-looking glow"
My skin is a lot more even toned since I've started using this and in
 terms of redness, it has been greatly reduced in an around the cheek area. My skin generally looks a lot brighter. I can also happily report that this didn't break me out and since I've started using it, I've been pretty much blemish free, apart from the normal TOM/hormonal break out I always get on my chin, but even that hasn't been as bad.

For someone who never used a serum before I'm totally converted and I've actually picked up a second bottle as I'm over 2/3rds through my first one and couldn't bare to go without it.

Overall its a complete win! If like me you have combination skin then I'd definitely recommend this serum and its actually on offer on boots.ie at the minute and in Tesco, so it makes the purchase that bit easier!

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...