Sunday, 1 February 2015

They Made Me Buy It // Beauty Bloggers #1

Following on from my 'They Made Me Buy It: Smashbox MUA'  post, I decided to do a Beauty Blogger edition. One of the reasons we blog is to inform people about products and make recommendations in the hopes that they try a product and fall in love. Well I've bought a fair few products off of fellow beauty bloggers recommendations and I'm sure there is many more to come. Here's a few of those products and the bloggers that made me buy it. 




Orla has a lot to answer for in this post, not one, not two, but three items I know for sure she solely made my buy! Orla described Rimmel's Notting Hill Nude as the perfect nude lipstick so obviously I had to get it but I don’t think I was alone with this influences purchase! I'm also a sucker for mascara so when she recommended Maybelline The Falsies Flared I ran out and popped it in my basket, I actually picked up Black Drama by accident and had to go back for Flared..  Naturally. As I said in my earlier review I hymned and hawed about getting the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint [review] foundation and finally caved when Orla reviewed this.

I had kind of wanted the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer for some time but when Dee reviewed with such high regard I knew I had to have it.As soon as I got to a MAC counter and swatched this, it was mine. The coverage it amazing and it doesn't budge once set (I'm an NW15 for under eyes if you're wondering)

I had seen Taylor's rave about the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint and jotted it down as a possible purchase. It seemed to just creep up everywhere on her blog and elsewhere after that and so I purchased it. It’s a brilliant non-expensive concealer and I've since purchased a backup!

It should come as no surprise that Gemma is included in this post. With daily reviews I was bound to pick up a few things she recommended along the way and two notable products are the MUA Iridescent Highlighter [review] which has rarely left my face and the Manuka Doctor Lip Enhancer. She has a way with words that one.

Yav @ Makeup Monster 
I have multiple silicone based primers and I love them, but I really wanted a primer that wasn't so much about masking pores and evening skin texture and more about really prolonging the longevity of my makeup. When Makeup Monster reviewed the Max Factor Stay All Day Primer I knew it was the one. It's since become one of my absolute favourite primers.

Ahh Karen. Karen has a way with words that make you feel like you've known her all your life. So when she recommended the La Roche Posse Cicaplast Lips [review] it was like my best friend was telling me to get it.. So I got it, loved it, reviewed it, have since lost it and needs to repurchase it again!

If you've been included in this list, then thank you for recommending some amazing products!

So tell me, what have the beauty bloggers prompted you to buy?

x
X Cint X
x

2 comments :

  1. Love the MUA highlight and the Loreal primer x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm literally obsessed with the highlighter! Its definitely my favourite! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...