Thursday, 12 March 2015

Review // Collection: Lasting Perfection 16hr Ultimate Wear Concealer

This review is so long overdue and I know everyone and there micro pig has already reviewed it but as I've gone through about 3 tubes of this stuff, I'm on my 4th and already have a backup it definitely deserves an honorable post on my blog.



Blended on left, swatched on right.
Yes the 'Lasting Perfection Concealer' is without doubt one of the most raved about 'drugstore' concealer of all time and in my opinion.. rightly so. I haven't been without a tube of this since I started using is and its one of if not my most re-purchased product.

Shade wise, it's not the best at only 4 to choose from, but I've seen worse (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind only has 2 shades in Ireland) but the lightest shade (Fair) is light enough for most Irish lasses. Everything else about this however, is fairly on point.

The consistency is creamy and it blends out beautifully and it's probably one the best drugstore concealers in terms on coverage too. Lasting Perfection dries to a matte finish and I know that some people find it too drying on their skin but for someone like me who has combination skin, its perfect. It will crease if not set, but most concealers do (on me anyway) so I always set it. Once set this doesn’t budge. I can't honestly say it last 16hrs because I've never worn makeup for that length of time, nor have any great desire too, but it does last on me all day without the need to touch up. 

I mainly use this for under eye concealing and a little bit of highlighting (depending on my foundation) but I do use it for spot concealing if I need to and it works fine.

Packaging wise, its fairly basic, but for a drugstore concealer you're not going to expect much more. The writing is notorious for fading away sooner that you can say 'Excuse Me' after a sneeze, but its whats on the inside that counts.

It certainly won't break the bank at less than €7 so if you're in the market for a new purse friendly concealer this wouldn't be a bad choice. Its widely available to in Boots stores and on boots.ie.

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...