Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Review // MAC: Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer had long been on my mental wishlist and when I read a stellar review on Viva Adonis I finally made the purchase in the shade NC15.




The packaging has me in two minds. It comes in a little 15ml glass bottle with a black pump which I love the look and feel of as it really does make it look as expensive as it is, but with glass comes the worry that it will smash or shatter if dropped and it isn't very practical for travelling or throwing in a makeup bag or kit. The pump is also notorious for dispensing far too much product than needed and definitely requires time, skill and patience. That being said the concealer itself is magic!

Pro Longwear has 'film forming' properties. In other words, once it's on and set, it doesn't budge and won't crease, so is not only great for under eyes, but brilliant as an eye shadow base! Saying that, I always set my concealer, no matter how many non creasing claims it has. In terms of coverage its without a doubt the highest coverage concealer I own, to the extent that it amazes me every time I use it. This stuff is potent.
It has a light liquid texture that blends nicely provided it's not left too long. So doing one area at a time is best to prevent it from setting before blending. In terms of longevity, this doesn't budge on me all day.

Many people do worry that Pro Longwear will break them out, now I'm not sure if its just a worry with the foundation or the concealer aswel. I've had no problems with breakouts or any reactions to this, but if your worried, try get yourself a sample first.

Overall, This has to be the best concealer I own and without a doubt my favourite. Its is a little bit more costly at around the €20 mark, but definitely worth it.

Have you tried Pro Longwear concealer before? If so, let me know what you think of it!

x
X Cint X
x

2 comments :

  1. Best concealer ever! Its mad how little of it that you need. Worth every penny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely.. That pump drives me insane tho! Ha x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...