Thursday, 4 June 2015

Review // NYX: Slim Lip Pencils

Up until a year ago I didn't own a single lip liner, I thought I didn't need one let alone a mini arsenal of them! Fast forward to the present day and I can't get enough! I'd be lying if I said that the whole KJ trend didn't spark my interest, but in hindsight I'm glad it did. Today I'm going to talk about some of my absolute favourite liners. Inexpensive, fantastic quality and a whopping 50 shade choices. Yes, you guessed it,  NYX Lip Liners. I have four shades to show you today!


From top to bottom: Dolly Pink (839), Hot Red (817), Nude Beige (857), Pale Pink (854)

You can probably tell by which ones are my favourites by the size of the pencils!


Swatches from left to right...
Dolly Pink (Bright Barbie Pink), Hot Red (True Red), Nude Beige (Beige) and Pale Pink (Light-Mauve Pink) 

Dolly Pink scared me at first and it still does when I look at it swatched, but it's a really easy to wear pink and looks beautiful all over the lips with a pink gloss!

No liner collection would be complete without a red and Hot Red ticks all the boxes for me. I hardly ever wear red lipstick, but if/when I do, I reach for this!

Nude Beige is the perfect KJ shade liner and great for adding definition to the lips when paired with a lighter liner. I also love this paired with Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipstick in Birthday Suit!

My absolute favourite shade of the bunch is Pale Pink and most lip combos I wear include this colour. It's my ride or die liner! It's also beautiful paired with Nude Beige on the outer corners just to give a little definition. The only problem with this is that it's ridiculously hard to come by both in store and online! Don’t let Nude Pink fool you either, it's not the same!

The formula of these liners I find is spot on. They're soft enough to line and not drag on the lips, but firm enough to last well and not budge. Some pencils have a tendency to be almost too soft and creamy, but these are the perfect consistency for me. The formula is also consistent throughout the shades I have.

Like I said the NYX Lip Liners come in a whopping 50 shades! Unfortunately for us Irish gals, we have a very limited selection, but If you want more you can buy from the US website and use a separate shipping service to get them across the water. I think I'll be doing that in the future because there are so many shades I want to try especially Natural and Mauve and I'll also be stocking up on Pale Pink.

NYX Lip Liners cost around the €6 mark and can be found in selected pharmacy's around Ireland. I know Bradleys in Blanch and Dolans in Tullamore stock them, but if you can find an NYX stand grab one or two of these liners and give them a go!

x
X Cint X
x

4 comments :

  1. These look really good, great swatches :)

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think I should use lip liner but I never get around to buying any! NYX have so many I don't know where to start and they are hard to find in England, but that pale pink one looks like it would go with a lot of the nude shade I have, thanks for the post! x


    Harriet Rosie | www.harrietrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Harriet!! I can't find the Pale Pink one anywhere now and I need to repurchase it so bad.. Mine is just a little stub :(
      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...