Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Review // Milani: Baked Blush in Luminoso

Hey Guys! As you may remember from my BeautyJoint Haul, I picked up the Milani baked blush in the shade Luminoso. So many bloggers and YouTuber's alike have been raving about this blush for the longest time, but Nikkie from NikkieTutorials consistent use of it finally drove me over the edge and I popped it into my cart.

Milani is an Italian cosmetics brand which promises high-end products at a very affordable price. These baked blushes retail at $8.49 and nothing as far as I could see is priced over $10! 


We'll start with packaging, which is very aesthetically pleasing and the gold really stands out among the rest of my blushes, but it does, however, feel a little cheap. It's the type of plastic that's prone to cracking and as you can see the writing is already wearing off a little. On the upside, it does contain a little mirror under the actual blush and a cute little brush. I'll just note that I haven't tried the little brush, they're usually not the best and it's not the type or shape of brush I'd use to apply blush anyway.


In regards to the product itself, I really didn't have much hope of me liking this. I thought it was going to look garish and glittery on my cheeks, but I was so wrong.
It is simply stunning and I can 100% see why this shade is so hyped. It's warming, brightening and luminous on the skin and not over the top at all. As you can see by the swatch below its actually quite sheer, but can be build up into a more vibrant shade


On the website, it's described as a Luminous Peachy Pink.. I agree with luminous and peachy, but less on the pink side in my opinion. On my skin tone (neutral, leaning on warm but very pale) it leans more orange toned but again, nothing clown-like. Wear time is great too and I feel confident in saying that with my oily skin. I also find that I tend to favour zero highlighters when I'm wearing this as it provides the prettiest glow!


The thing I really love about this blush is that I can wear it on my palest of pale days and I can wear it when I have a bit of a tan (bottle of course) and when I'm a little more bronzed and it looks equally great on both.

I do think it would suit every type of skin tone but if you're on the warm side, you need to get it asap! It seems to last an age too, I've had this and been using it quite a lot since the beginning of March and have not made even the tiniest dent in the pan!

Have you tried Luminoso or any of the Milani baked blushes for that matter? I really want to try more of them and more Milani products for that matter. So leave me your recommendations in the comments!

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...