Friday, 24 July 2015

Review // Catrice: Absolute Rose Eyeshadow Palette

The Absolute Palettes by Catrice were always something I gravitated to whenever I was near a stockist, so I finally picked up a couple and began putting them to the test, starting with the Absolute Rose Palette or 010 Frankie Rose To Hollywood ( I was checking for actual shade names when I seen this second name for it, cute though eh?) Before we get into the actual review can we first of all just take a minute to appreciate how amazing these shades look? For less than €6!!


I'm a sucker for eyeshadows with a rose/mauve tone so this one just popped out at me! That second from the right literally screamed my name!

Each of the Absolute palettes is housed in a sleek black case with a clear lid and rose gold writing on the front to tie in with the shadows. It doesn't contain a  mirror, unfortunately, but it does contain a little double ended foam applicator/brush, which as expected, is pants. Now, this is the type of  packaging that's prone to getting scuffed and scratched after a while if thrown about, but it's really whats on the inside that counts!



This palette is a mixture of mattes semi-mattes and shimmers. Here's a little breakdown of the shades from left to right.

Shade 1 - Very light matte milky pink, perfect as a matte highlight.
Shade 2 - Semi-matte rosy pink. Makes a beautiful highlight on the inner corners.
Shade 3 - Shimmery dusty rose shade.
Shade 4 - Very similar to shade 3 in the pan, but when swatched, it's slightly deeper and more mauve toned.
Shade 5 - My favourite shade! A matte mauve toned taupe. Reminds me a lot of 'Nooner' from the Naked 3 palette.
Shade 6 - Not the easiest to describe! A shimmery blackened brown with tiny red glitters. Quite similar to 'Blackheart' in Naked 3.


While it isn't going to blow your socks off, in terms of pigmentation, The Absolute Rose shades are quite decent, can be built up and blend beautifully! The last shade is, however, a little disappointing as the red glitters don't translate onto the skin that well at all, which is a bit of a shame.

The only other thing I'll mention is that, while I experienced no fallout on my eyes, I do find fallout within the pan itself, but nothing major.

In terms of longevity and wear, they're also quite good. They do crease on me if I don't use a primer, but as I have oily lids and all shadows crease. With primer, however, these don't crease or fade and stay put for the day.

Overall, I genuinely love this little palette! The shades and tones are right up my street. I mentioned that a few shades looked similar to those in the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and I think this would be a great inexpensive way to see if that tone of palette suited your skin tone.

If you want to do just that then you can purchase the Catrice Absolute Rose palette from Penneys/Primark and all good independent pharmacy's nationwide at the tiny cost of €5.49.

Oh, and keep an eye out for my review of the Catrice Absolute Matt Eyeshadow Palette real soon!

x
X Cint X
x

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...