Thursday, 30 July 2015

Review // Essence: I Love Nude Eyeshadows

Earlier on this year, Essence released a whole host of new products and including some collections as well. I instantly fell in the love with the I Love Nude products which included 6 eyeshadows, 5 lipsticks, 5 nail varnishes, 4 lipglosses and a mascara. After having a good old swatch fest, I decided to pick up two of the new I Love Nude Eyeshadows.

Essence - I Love Nude Eyeshadow's Vanilla Sugar & My Favourite Tauping Swatch

Packaging isn't the most exciting, but for €3.49 a pop you can't really expect much, its a simple round plastic case with a clear lid. My only bug-bear is that the lid gets scuffed and scratched so easily!

Essence - I Love Nude Eyeshadow's Vanilla Sugar & My Favourite Tauping Swatch

I picked up shade 01 - Vanilla Sugar which is a very light off white color and shade 05 - My Favourite Tauping which as the name suggests it a cool toned taupe shade.
These eyeshadows are described as a 'baked eyeshadow with a satin smooth texture'. I 100% agree with the satin smooth texture! I was really blown away by how buttery and soft these were!

Essence - I Love Nude Eyeshadow's Vanilla Sugar & My Favourite Tauping Swatch

Pigmentation wise, these aren't the most pigmented eyeshadows ever, but they're certainly not bad either and can be built up for more depth (the taupe shade, how much depth can one get out of a creamy white shade?). The Vanilla Sugar shade is surprisingly good for a near white eyeshadow! These are really blendable too. I've already made quite a dent in my Vanilla Sugar shade as it's perfect for setting my eyeshadow base and it's also brilliant as a subtle highlighter for the eyes and face! 'My Favourite Tauping' is a beautiful shade for defining the crease, but I'm afraid it's not as versatile as Vanilla Sugar in that it wouldn't be suitable to use as a contour shade due to the slight sheen finish of baked products. It would be the perfect shade and tone, though!

The Essence I Love Nude Eyeshadows are great, inexpensive eyeshadows and are well worth the tiny price! I think I'll pick up the other 4 in the collection and maybe a nude gloss.. or two.

Have you tried anything from the I love Nude collection? Let me know, give me suggestions and enable me!

x
X Cint X
X

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...