Sunday, 26 July 2015

Review // Maybelline: Master Sculpt Contouring Palette - 02 Medium/Dark

It's not very often that I post a review of something that I've just recently bought. I'm the type of person who tries's things out for ages until it features on the blog, but hey ho, when you've fallen in love with something, there's no point in waiting!

The Maybelline Master Sculp Contouring Palette has really gotten a lot of attention in the blogosphere since its launch a short while ago and the fact that it adorned the face of the beautiful Mollie King of 'The Saturdays' has really made this product really quite popular!

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Palette Swatches

The Master Sculpt is a two-step product which contains a matte contour shade and a shimmery highlight shade. The packaging is a little bulky, but it does contain a cute little brush underneath the actual product and a mirror, so I can't complain too much. 

As you can see the Contouring Palette contains twice the amount of the contour shade that the highlight shade, which is really brilliant as we generally use a lot more of it on the face as opposed to certain places with the highlight. 

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Palette Swatches

The Master Sculpt Contour kit comes in two shades, 01 Light/Medium and 02 Medium/Dark. I had read a few reviews that the contour shade in the 01 Light/Medium palette is quite warm toned and after swatching the testers for myself I can see what they mean, so I opted for 02 Medium/Dark which is cool toned and far better for a natural contour.

I was, however, a little apprehensive about choosing the darkest of the two as I'm super pale (NC15 or lighter in MAC terms!), but I needn't have worried. This is perfect for my pasty Irish skin. 
Its's nicely pigmented, but can be built up depending on how intense you want to go and it blends beautifully too!
The highlight shade is stunning too. It's a shimmery champagne shade that won't make you look like a disco ball.

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Palette Swatches

I'm absolutely smitten with the Maybelline Master Sculpt Contour Kit and so glad I picked it up! I tend to wait until the hype around a product died down, but I'm delighted I jumped on this. It's worth the hype, the Medium/Dark shade at least and I can genuinely say that if I'm wearing makeup, this has been on my face. 

You can find the Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Palette in all good pharmacies/chemists and also online at Boot's HERE for around the €10 mark! Boots also have a 'buy 1 get 2nd half price' offer on selected Maybelline products including the 'Eraser Eye Concealer', the 'Fit Me' range and the new 'Lash Sensational' mascara, which I love and will be reviewing shortly!

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...