Thursday, 9 July 2015

Review // NYX: Eyebrow Gel in 04 Espresso

Hey, guys!

In my last Beauty Joint order, I picked up the NYX Eyebrow Gel in 04 Espresso. I'm always interested in trying our different brow products and a few people had said that this was similar to the Makeup Forever Aqua Brow. I don't actually own the Aqua Brow, but I said I'd give it a whirl anyway.

NYX Eyebrow Gel Espresso Swatch

The NYX Brow Gel is described as a "Pigmented eyebrow gel that fills, defines, shapes and enhances". It comes in a handy squeezy tube and contains 10ml of product.

Before this I had never used a gel product in my brows, I'm more a powder person, bit of wax the odd time and some brow mascara if I remember it. So I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this.

NYX Eyebrow Gel Espresso Swatch

This gel is seriously pigmented and a little goes a very long way! I still struggle with the amount required to fill my two brows, no matter how little I squeeze out, I probably only need half that amount. 

The effect you can achieve on the brows greatly depends on the type of brush you use. For a quick everyday kind of look, I typically use a thicker brow brush like the Real Techniques Brow brush and I can get a nice full looking natural brow. If I want a super detailed, structured brow I go for my Zoeva Angled Liner Brush and really plot my shape and draw in hair like strokes. The gel looks great either way.

NYX Eyebrow Gel Espresso Swatch

In terms of lasting power, this doesn't budge. I can scratch my brows, run my fingers over them and the gel stays in place, even the swatches on my hand took a fair bit of scrubbing to get off. What I like about it is that its doesn't set hard or crispy. 

Shade wise, Expresso was a very good match for me. I thought it might be a bit warm but its just the right shade! There are five shades in total to choose from ranging from Blonde to Black and cost €6.32 from the BeautyJoint site.

Have you tried the NYX brow gel before? Or any brow gel for that matter? Let me know in the comments!

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...