Wednesday, 8 July 2015

The Alopecia Diaries // Part II - Hair Cut & Steroid Injections

Hey, guys!

If you read Part I of my Alopecia Diaries you'll know that I had an appointment to get my hair cut last week and also had a dreaded doctors appointment to get a blood test done too.

The hair cut when quite well I must say (most of my haircuts tend to go well anyway). My hairdresser Grainne was so nice! I told her what was happening and what I wanted and she gave me just that. I decided to get quite a good bit cut off the length (maybe 3-4inches) to take the majority of the heaviness away and then I got a few long layers cut in to give it a nicer overall shape. We also moved my parting over slightly because the bald patch was smack bang on top of it! So I'm still training it to fall 'naturally' but I'm getting there!
Overall I'm really happy with it. I feel like a have a lob (long bob), but it's still too long to be called that!
Grainne told me to invest in some Invisibobbles (which I've been trying to hunt down far ages!) and a tangle teaser (or a least a cheap version for the time being) Any excuse to go shopping!

Now to the Doctors appointment which I was genuinely having mini panic attacks over! I was so nervous! I told him the story and to cut a long story short, I didn't have blood taken.
He said that although getting a blood test was a good idea if wouldn't treat the alopecia and he advised me to get it treated as soon as possible and then come back for the blood test a few weeks later.
I had two options, I topical treatment applied twice a day or steroid injections. After some back and forth and assuring me the needles were TINY I opted for the steroid injections.

Yes.. Multiple injections, Into my head!

It really wasn't as bad as I thought, the needle was tiny (similar to an insulin one) and I only felt a small pinch anytime it went in. Granted it was done about 15 times! I was a bit tender and it bled a small bit afterwards but other than that it was fine.

So it's been over a week since all that and my hair is annoyingly still falling out a little bit more than I'd like it, but I haven't developed any new bald patches. Both myself and my Father (who I get to check for patches) have agreed that my hair is a little bit thinner overall. In saying that however I've noticed a little tuft of regrowth on my bald patch. It's tiny and a lot lighter than my normal hair colour, but I'm not complaining!

So that's it for now! I'll be back with another update in a week or two! If you have any questions, just ask!

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...