Monday, 3 August 2015

Best Of // Lip Balms For PM

Lip balm is something that I have been including in my evening skincare routine for quite some time and I love the feeling of putting it on, waking up and having it last all night working away until you wake up the next morning. Many lip balms, annoyingly, don't tend to stick around for more than an hour or two.  I do however have four lip products that work wonders and hang in all night!


My first is the 'Classic Carmex' lip balm. Its 'Classic' for a reason. I know very few people who haven't tried this balm before and loved it. It's quite refreshing on the lips and the tiniest bit tingly, due to the active menthol, but nothing overboard that might put you off. Classic Carmex is one of the cheapest and most effective lip balms on the market, it's also very widely available, being sold in most chemists/pharmacies, supermarkets and online at Boots and will only set you back a tiny €3.79. It also comes in a variety of different flavours depending on whether you buy the jar or tube version.
(Annoyingly I couldn't find my little jar to include in the picture for this post, but will update it if I find it)

Another excellent lip balm choice and my recent favourite is the 'Blistex Relief Cream'. This is a medicated lip cream and is a  little bit harder to come across, but you should find it in any good independent chemists. The price varies from €3 to €6, but its worth every cent! It contains the active ingredients 'Aromatic Ammonia Solution', 'Strong Ammonia Solution' and 'Liquefied Phenol' along with others ingredients like Lanolin, Peppermint Oil and Camphor. It's very creamy and cooling on the lips and a little goes a long way! If you can find it, stock up!

The next lip balm is a recent discovery of mine and one I was very pleasantly surprised with! The 'Aloe Lips' is a bullet type lip balm that contains Aloe Vera, Jojoba and Beeswax to moisturise and protect the lips. The reason I reserve this for night time is because the balm itself is very soft, so it's not very practically for daytime and on the go situations. So it has a permanent spot on my bedside locker. It's quick, easy to use and very effective! You'll have to purchase from a 'Forever Living' representative which is the downside but it's very inexpensive at €3.75 so if you can pick one up, do!

I've left the most luxurious lip balm until and you've probably guessed it, The 'Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm'. No lip balm post would be complete without it. It's super rich, super-nourishing, but also on the expensive side. It'll set you back around €12 for a jar, but it's honestly worth it. It's something I use every now and then as a little treat for my lips. It smells like chocolate orange and lasts for so long. Not very widely available but you'll pick it up at most good independent pharmacies and online at Cloud10Beauty.  

So there you have it guys, my top lip balms for lasting through the night! What are your PM picks in terms of lip balm?

x
X Cint X
x

2 comments :

  1. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who's never tried Carmex, ever! lol I've had the Nuxe Reve de Miel, but I didn't really like the feel of it on my lips, wasn't refreshing enough and sticking my finger in the little pot got a bit gross after a while! haha. I'll stick to 8 Hour Cream at night I think! have you tried that? x

    ferdies-finds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw its soo good!
      I agree that the Nuxe Reve de Miel isn't as refreshing or tingly as the others, but it really does stick around!
      I haven't tried the 8 Hour Cream! I must pick it up.. I've always seen the hand one and the face one, never came across the lip one... is there even a specific lip one? haha!

      Oh and WELCOME BACK! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...