Wednesday, 5 August 2015

The Alopecia Diaries // Part lll - Quick Update & Products I Use

Hi guys!

It.s been a while since I've updated my Alopecia Diaries series, but, to be honest, there isn't a whole lot to say. First of all, if you don't know what's going on you can read Part I here and Part II here.

So since my last post (where I talked about my steroid injections - In my head!), it's basically just been a waiting game to see if they worked or not. I'm pleased to say that my little bald patch is now not so bald and a little 'fluffy'.

Annoyingly, however, I'm still losing hair (more than the normal amount anyway), but I don't seem to be getting any more bald patches. That's good, don't get me wrong, but it's really annoying all the same that it's still falling out.

Despite that, the overall condition of my hair lately has been really good! I try not to wash it very often, maybe every 3 or so days and I let it dry naturally. I still occasionally run over it with my ghd, but I'm really lazy so that happens once a week.. if even. Here's a run-through of the products I use.


I'm still using my T/Gel Shampoo religiously as it just never fails me, but I've been throwing in a bit of the L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo to the mix as well, because every little helps when your hair is falling out! I've also been using deep conditioning masks as my ends are alway really dry! I've been absolutely loving the L'Oreal Elvive  Full Restore 5 Cica-Masque as its really helped my hair, it's now so soft, not frizzy and super shiny! My love for the L'Oreal Elvive: Extraordinary Oil is still going strong too!

I've been trying my best to remember to use a comb in my wet hair instead of a brush as it causes much less breakage! I've also been using my Tangle Attack I picked up on Tesco, which is basically a €1.49 Tangle Teezer knock off and I have to say I was quite skeptical about the whole Tangle Teezer concept, but the Tangle Attack is making the task of brushing my hair so much easier, so I might just have to invest in a real one and to further help with damage control, I picked up some of the Penneys Invisabobbles to stop any snagging when tieing my hair up and I find them great! 12 for €1.50? Bargain!

Lastly, I've been taking some 'High Strength Silica Complex for Hair, Skin and Nails', from Holland & Barrett, which contains Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc to maintain and support nutritional requirements. I haven't been taking them long enough to tell if they're doing any good, but I'll report back when I'm finished.

That's all for Part III guys, stay tuned for Part IV.

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...