Saturday, 5 September 2015

Review // Catrice: Absolute Matt Eyeshadow Palette

Hi, guys! Today's post is all about the Catrice Absolute Matte Eyeshadow Palette. I picked this up the same day as I picked up the Absolute Rose Palette, which I reviewed here and loved, so I had some high hope when it came to putting this to the test!


I'm a huge fan of matte eyeshadows and nothing excites me more than an all matte palette, so I knew when I seen this that I'd be picking it up pronto. Like all the Absolute palettes, the Absolute Matte palette is housed in a sleek black case with a clear plastic lid, which does tend to scratch and scuff after a short while, but for less than €1 an eyeshadow, I'm not going to complain!




The Absolute Matte palette is a very neutral/cool toned palette (with the exception of the fifth shade) ranging from white to a blackened brown shade. Here's a breakdown of the shades from left to right.

Shade 1 - A very pale almost true white shade, perfect for a matte highlight.
Shade 2 - A pale cool toned off white/cream shade. Makes another excellent highlight shade.
Shade 3 - A medium taupe shade, perfect as a contour/transition colour.
Shade 4 - Slightly warmer and deeper than shade 3, but makes a great crease shade.
Shade 5 - My favourite shade. A very deep rich warm brown shade. Beautiful on the outer v and as a liner!
Shade 6 - My least favourite shade. It's the least pigmented out of the six and takes a bit of work to build up. Also slightly patchy.




Like the Absolute Rose Palette, the Absolute Matte palette has quite decent pigmentation, they're not the most pigmented but with matte eyeshadows it's often better that way to avoid patchiness. They apply and blend beautifully too.

If like me, your looking at this and thinking its quite similar to the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, then you'd be right!  It's laid out in the similar vein to the Basics palette, but not an exact dupe by any means, I do however think it's a nice affordable alternative!

Like I said, I'm a huge fan of matte shadows and this all matte palette hasn't let me down. For less than €6 its definitely worth it!

You can find Catrice in good independent chemists and Penneys nationwide!

Oh and you can check out my Catrice Absolute Rose Palette Review HERE and be sure to keep an eye out for my review of the new Catrice Chocolate Nudes Palette soon!

x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...