Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Review // Forever Living Skincare Products

Last month I was contacted by a rather lovely Forever Living representative in my area, Catherine, to see if I would be interested in reviewing some of the Forever Living Skincare products for the blog. I was, of course, delighted to be given the chance to try them out, having only used the Aloe Vera Tonic and Shampoo when I was a child and not by choice.

Catherine put together a little basket with skin care products for me and I couldn't wait to get home and try them out. Over the last few months, I've really knuckled down in terms of skincare so I was really excited to try some new products.


Rehydrating Toner - €13.48*
"This is an alcohol-free toner helping to tone, condition, moisturise and balance the skin without losing any moisture. The non-drying formula contains aloe vera, witch hazel and collagen to remove traced of dirt and oil"
This is my favourite product of the bunch! It's so unbelievably refreshing and hydrating.  It contains lemon, cucumber and rosemary extract and smells amazing! I used this after my chemical exfoliator and it left my skin feeling so soft and supple. If there's one thing I'll be purchasing for myself it will be this without a doubt!

Firming Day Lotion - €21.03*
"Rich in vitamins, this hydrating moisturiser supports a healthy-looking complexion and good skin structure. this product helps to maintain a youthful appearance with its blend of aloe, elastin and special moisturisers to tighten pores. Can also be used as a primer before applying makeup"
The Firming Day Lotion is quite nice, but I found it a little too rich for my oily skin and therefore not so great as a primer before my makeup. I didn't use it long enough to experience any 'firming' happening, but I do I think this would be a nice addition to your skincare routine if you have dry skin. It doesn't seem to contain any SPF which might put some people of.

Recovering Night Cream - €29.50*
"Rich, velvety night cream used to replenish the skin and retain moisture. The addition of collagen helps to combat fine lines and wrinkles and restore the skin to its youthful appearance"
Like the day lotion, the Recovering Night Cream is rich, but I don't mind rich products when it comes to night time. It absorbed nicely into my skin after my serum and I found it nice and hydrating. It's another great product and one I'd consider purchasing as a once a week/Sunday night treat as its quite expensive.

Forever Aloe Scrub - €16.96*
"This delicate scrub works to remove dead skin cells which clog up pores and cause skin to look dull. Gentle enough for everyday use for your face and body, the natural ingredients of jojoba and aloe vera help to exfoliate, revealing healthy-looking skin"
For someone who used to use a gritty physical exfoliator for such a long time, it was quite strange to go from that extreme to a chemical exfoliant and cut a physical exfoliant out completely. The Forever Aloe scrub is perfect for the days that I want to skip the chemicals and go for something natural but still the job done. The Jojoba spheres are ridiculously gentle and the only way I can describe the texture is by comparing it to that of couscous. Strange, I know, but really pleasant!  Again another product I would consider purchasing!

Aloe Moisturizing Lotion - €16.08*
"Silky Moisturising cream containing nourishing also, jojoba oil, collagen and elastin to leave the skin feeling soft and supple. Provides all-over moisturization for your face, hands and body whilst maintaining the skin's natural pH balance. It's easy-to-absorb formula makes a great base for makeup application"
Again a little too rich for me to use on the face or as a makeup base, but the Aloe Moisturizing Lotion is great for the body! It doesn't absorb right away, so you will need to massage it in. The only thing I find is that it smells a little bland

Forever Bright Toothgel - €7.53*
"This gentle, non-fluoride formula contains aloe vera and bee propolis to help to strengthen and protect teeth and  gums whilst fighting plaque. With no bleaching agents, children and adults will love it"
I've seen some amazing before and afters of people using the Forever Bright Toothgel, but unfortunately I only had 3 sachets, so I couldn't come to much of a conclusion. From what I had, I can tell you that it has a nice flavour, leave the mouth feeling fresh and more importantly, clean! It's a product I will pick up and really put it to the test. It doesn't contain fluoride or bleaching agents, so say to use on the kiddies!

Aloe Heat Lotion - €16.08*
"Containing warming agents and aloe, this rich emollient lotion provides blissful relief from everyday stresses and strains. Great for warming up before exercise or soothing aches after a workout. Also ideal for a deep heat massage to feel rejuvenated"
Technically I shouldn't be including this as I haven't actually used yet but I'm just waiting for the  perfect time! I'll report back whenever that it!

Aloe Vera Gelly - €16.08*
"Essentially identical to the aloe vera's inner leaf, our 100% stabilised aloe vera gel lubricates sensitive tissue safely. This topical thick clear gel soothes scars, calms irritation and is suitable for the most sensitive skin"
I think every household should have at least one tube of the Aloe Vera Gelly lying about. It has so many uses! Cuts, bruises, stings, bites, but it's an absolute must for sunburn! I had the joy of going to the bog on one of the hotter days we had and got sunburn across my cheeks and nose (always my nose!). I applied a layer of this that night and my sunburn was practically non-existent the following day, no redness, irritation or dry, peeling skin.

Aloe Lips - €3.75*
"Get kissable lips with this rich and nourishing pocket-sized lip balm. Soothe and moisturise dry lips with the conditioning ingredients of aloe, jojoba and beeswax. Great to protect lips all year round"
The Aloe Lips balm is a simple. yet effective lip balm, this has been on my dresser since I got it and I've used it every night since. The only complaint I have about it is that its very soft! I thought mine had melted with the hot weather and would firm back up, but it's still very soft so I reserve it for night time.

Aloe-Jojoba Shampoo - €18.31* (not shown)
"Get beautifully shiny and easy-to-manage hair with this aloe vera and jojoba infused shampoo. The gentle pH-balanced formula is suitable for all hair types and can be used to help replenish your hair's natural moisture"
Aloe-Jojoba Conditioning Rinse - €18.31* (not shown)
"Contains jojoba and vitamin B to helo nourish, protect and strengthen the hair, this pH-balanced conditioner gives hair a silky, salon-look finish. Enriched with nourishing oils and vitamins, this product provides a great result when used in conjunction with the Aloe-Jojoba Shampoo"
I'll couple the Aloe-Jojoba Shampoo and Conditioning Rince together as I only had a small sachet of each, I used the Aloe-Jojoba Shampoo many moons ago when I first had alopecia and funny enough.. when I used it this time, I had (still have) alopecia! Both shampoo and conditioner are nice and the shampoo, in particular, smells amazing! The only thing about both of these is, I don't think I'd spend near €20 for either, but that's just me personally and nothing to do with the actual products!

So there you have it guys! If I were to pick my must have products from what I've tried, it would definitely be the Refreshing Toner, Aloe-Jojoba Scrub and Aloe Vera Gelly. I know that are a lot of people are put off of the Forever Living products because of how the company works (network marketing), but some of these products are genuinely great products!

I do want to add that I'm no way affiliated with Forever Living and I'm not a representative or distributor for the brand! I have been approached a few times about it, but have refused as that line of work just doesn't suit me. I do however think some of the products are worth the punt and shouldn't be overlooked.

With that out of the way, Have you tried any Forever Living products?

*Indicates sample for review purposes.
If you'd like to find out more about Forever Living you can do so on Catherine's facebook pages here and here.
x
X Cint X
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...